Would being specific help? (Fox TF, pt 1 & 2 Uploaded)

A discussion area for people into furry files and topics.

Moderator: EMG

Postby trancebaby » June 30th, 2007, 8:21 am

kool , are you post it on the site or somewhere else
trancebaby
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » June 30th, 2007, 9:09 am

As far as how I'm uploading it? I'm just gonna post here in this topic. Considering the potentially vast amount of versions a file like this would require, it'd be pointless to post them into the main file listing.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby KatieFox » July 1st, 2007, 9:49 am

sounds good.

I forsee you getting spammed with requests in the future :3

I know ill ask :)
KatieFox
Regular
Regular

Postby KitsuneKit » July 3rd, 2007, 9:51 am

I can't wait for this.
If you don't want to post the file on the message boards, you can always e-mail it to me.
KitsuneKit
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 3rd, 2007, 11:14 am

At the rate I'm going, those people waiting in like will find it quicker just to use the regular furry transformation file. :P
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby CWolfCW » July 3rd, 2007, 4:25 pm

Well, another option is to make this into a group project. Have multiple people record when they have time?

Just a thought~ :wink:

I wouldn't mind helping out but I don't have the time (nor privacy) to do so until fall at the earliest. I do wonder how effective this would be in the long run though.
CWolfCW
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 4th, 2007, 9:02 am

Yeah, it is very much experiemental. I do not want to get anybody's hopes up.

And I don't normally do anything "group". I always worry that anybody helping will wind up "doing it wrong". Which is usually the case.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby bubblebutt » July 4th, 2007, 8:08 pm

Either way, the file's results will answer the original question of "Would being specific help?" and will improve future files even if it doesn't work (Although, I'd much rather it worked). Unfortunately, everyone already seems to have some hopes but that tends to happen on this kind of a subject.

While a group would be very confusing, it may actually be the only way given the amount of interest. Some sort of a format would have to be created in order to maintain some type of unity. It could be possible though but before any groups are made, the results of the first few files should been seen.
bubblebutt
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 5th, 2007, 4:38 pm

It's that whole research thing, though. I want to make the transformations just right. It's gotta describe the various changes accurately, and at the same time describe the changes as the person wants them.

It'll become easier once repeat changes start appearing. Copy & Paste with some slight modifications. Describing a fox's fur coat shouldn't be too different than describing a raccoon's, likewise a lot of tail details are the same no matter what the species.

Really, I'm just a huge procrastinator. If I could, I'd be able to finish a file in three days, tops.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby KitsuneKit » July 9th, 2007, 11:06 pm

I'd imagine that a fox's fur would be slightly longer than a raccoon's fur. Also raccoons have a little more fat than most animals, I'd imagine that would also come into play.
KitsuneKit
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 10th, 2007, 11:19 am

Well, details like that I'm leaving out. I'd rather not have to deal with imagining myself chubby. Although if somebody wanted to be chubby, I could do that. But by default, they'll still basically have the same structure as before. Just, with claws, fur, tails, and muzzles.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby KitsuneKit » July 12th, 2007, 5:33 pm

I know. I'm just using that as an example that there are sutle differences in the different speices. You can't just substitue the word "animal 2" in for every instance of the word "animal 1" there is more to it than that.
KitsuneKit
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 12th, 2007, 11:18 pm

Oh, I know that. Fur patterns and stuff like that especially.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby KitsuneKit » July 16th, 2007, 5:12 pm

Yeah...

... so...

...how's it coming?
KitsuneKit
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 16th, 2007, 10:13 pm

You need to, like, threaten to not give me a subscription if I don't finish it before the end of the week or something. I need an extra push to get it done.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby KitsuneKit » July 17th, 2007, 11:51 am

Okay, here is the deal. You have until 3PM EST on July the 19th of 2007(that's two days from now, cheif) or your 2 month account goes down to a 1 month account.
KitsuneKit
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 17th, 2007, 4:00 pm

Fair enough. :)
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby maksio5 » July 18th, 2007, 12:36 am

ah yess......love is wonderful, no? :p
maksio5
Regular
Regular

Postby KitsuneKit » July 18th, 2007, 9:39 am

maksio5 wrote:ah yess......love is wonderful, no? :p

This isn't love, this is strictly business.
KitsuneKit
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 18th, 2007, 10:24 am

I have made some good headway with it. All that's left is proofreading, and fixing anything that needs fixed. And if my transformation is any indication, that would probably mean more than one readover. But I'll have the script ready to show you before tomorrow afternoon.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Draygone » July 19th, 2007, 11:06 am

Alright, it is done!

Take a good look at it. If there is anything you want me to change or add, let me know. Once you give me the OK, I'll record it for you. :) (I hope you don't intend to count it against me that I have to wait to make the recording.)

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, are you sure you want this to be permanent? If you'd like, I can make it so it can only be reversed by me. But if you want it to be 100% permanent, I'll go ahead and keep it this way. I just wanted to double-check, since I didn't give that option when I asked you what you wanted earlier. Anyway, here it is. Hopefully I was able to fix it up good enough.
edited out
Last edited by Draygone on October 10th, 2007, 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby KitsuneKit » July 19th, 2007, 11:44 am

Absolutly AWESOME!!!! Heck, I'm feeling it kick in from just reading it. There was only one small problem with it. You keep saying "Your eyes look like a cat's". The word "cat" might throw me off. Can you say something like "Your eyes are sharper" or something like that?

Other than that, this is freakin' awesome. You are a true genius at this. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I look forward to hearing the Mp3. (don't worry, I'm not going to count the time that you will need to take recording this.)
KitsuneKit
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 19th, 2007, 12:41 pm

Okay, I changed it to "your eyes have narrow pupils". Sound good?

If all goes according to plan, I'll get this recorded this weekend.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby KitsuneKit » July 19th, 2007, 12:59 pm

Draygone wrote:Okay, I changed it to "your eyes have narrow pupils". Sound good?

If all goes according to plan, I'll get this recorded this weekend.

Excellent.
And thus will end phase 2 of my 115 part plan on global conquest.
KitsuneKit
Regular
Regular

Postby KatieFox » July 20th, 2007, 7:28 am

whoa. that file sounds intense.

I look forward to seeing the results, and gratz kit ;)
KatieFox
Regular
Regular

Postby bubblebutt » July 20th, 2007, 3:47 pm

It looks good. I doubt a file could get more specific than that. Make sure to tell us the results. Good luck on the file and world conquest.
bubblebutt
Regular
Regular

Postby KitsuneKit » July 20th, 2007, 10:42 pm

I don't know if this means anything... but what do you think it means if I've been reading this thing over and over again last night and today my tail bone is sore.

I'm not saying the thing's showing it's results already, but it is a weird coincidence.
KitsuneKit
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 21st, 2007, 9:58 am

I'd say that sounds promising. You know, I have to read over these scripts so many times it's amazing they haven't affected me, yet. :P Just make sure you enjoy that taily feeling while you can.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JHoffman » July 22nd, 2007, 3:06 am

I must say, that script is pretty awesome. I can't wait for the Mp3, I'd very much like to test it out.

As for all suggestions involved, though, how much do you think prowess in visualization skills are needed? It seems straightforward enough, don't rely on your subconscious, etc. etc., but as far as imagining that it's real, does the one being hypnotized in question need to visualize to a high degree?
JHoffman
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 22nd, 2007, 5:11 pm

Kitsune, I am sorry to say that your file will be delayed a bit. I'm making your file in multiple takes, as I get tongue-tied easily and I don't want you to have a file where I stutter in every step of the transformation. But this is the first time I've used multiple takes, and when I played the sound to where I was going to restart the take, I didn't realize that doing so didn't set the marker in that spot, resulting in the file suddenly starting at the next step while in the middle of others. I didn't realize this until I was too far along. Should've realized it sooner. There was no way the file should've been that short.

Along with that, apparently there were still a couple bits in the script leftover from mine (specifically any mentioning of black nails). So yeah, sorry for the delay.

@ Hoffman: Yes, I'd say that the listener has to do a lot of big imagining and visualizing to get it to work. That's part of the reason why I have it in a step-by-step process going from easiest to most difficult. It'd likely be a lot easier imagining that, say, your hair was a different color than it would be that you have a fur coat, especially since most people would only have to imagine their hair color "when looking in a mirror". The way I see it, after practicing small visualizations like that for a while, they'll be better trained at visualization when they get to bigger stuff. So there is still hope for those who have trouble visualizing things. Like myself.

BTW, I've apparently got four people waiting in line, now. Three of whom randomly confronted me at Fur Affinity (furry art site), of all places. Already I find this overwhelming. :P
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby KitsuneKit » July 23rd, 2007, 10:46 am

Well, I will give you your subscription when you give me the Mp3, but because I've seen the script and I know that you are almost done, I'm not going to rush you. Just do it until you feel that it is right.

Sorry to hear that you are getting over whelmed with requests.
KitsuneKit
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 24th, 2007, 9:53 pm

Even more annoyance. I had it recorded. But I recorded the transformation in a different sound quality than the induction, and I'm afraid the sudden change will be enough to knock you out of trance. :(

The good news is, what I did have recorded was put together pretty seamlessly, despite multiple takes and the intro being recorded separatley from the induction. I can only hope that when I reattempt the first part of the transformation again tomorrow, I won't speak any differently than I did tonight.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby JHoffman » July 25th, 2007, 12:29 am

Or you could knock down the first section's quality to match the second part's inconsistency, Dray. How big is the difference between both?
JHoffman
Regular
Regular

Postby KatieFox » July 25th, 2007, 4:13 am

Ouch. 4 ?!?!

*Grabs a tent and sets up camp behind them*
KatieFox
Regular
Regular

Postby KitsuneKit » July 25th, 2007, 9:41 am

Well, here is the deal. Starting Friday, I am going to be offline for the next... 3 and half weeks. I won't be back here until August 20th... do you think you can finish it by then?
KitsuneKit
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 25th, 2007, 11:33 am

Both parts? I dunno. But the first part I'll try and work on again tonight. If I fail to get the second part done in time, no big deal, you'll only be listening to the first part anyway. At least until the first part is working perfectly for you. I'll try to have them both done, though.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Draygone » July 25th, 2007, 8:42 pm

Success! Finally...

The first part of the transformation is finished. I just gave it a test listen, and it sounds good to me. I should have it uploaded within the next half-hour. I'll be editing it into this post. First, though, I'm going to edit the script I posted a few days ago, since it underwent a couple minor changes and I wouldn't want your mind to come out of trance if it realizes that there's one word different than what you've probably memorized by now. :P

EDIT: Okay, here it is. The file is an 8.89MB .mp3 lasting about 39 minutes. The induction, as mentioned before, is my own recording of the induction EMG uses for his Furry Transformation file.
edited out

Let me know if it sounds good to you. In fact, I'll accept comments from anybody who wants to take a listen.

I'll try to record the second part tomorrow, if I get a chance.
Last edited by Draygone on October 10th, 2007, 3:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby KatieFox » July 26th, 2007, 3:52 am

almost wish i was a fox and not a vixen :P

Good luck kit ^^
KatieFox
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 26th, 2007, 8:04 am

Aren't foxes and vixens technically the same things? Just one's male and the other's female. In that regard, this file isn't gender-specific.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby KitsuneKit » July 26th, 2007, 9:48 am

What I actually ment was can you have it done by the 20th... not can you have it done by friday. Either way, I'm sure I could find someway of getting online between then and now.

Listened to the first one... not hypnotictically listened to it, but just to hear what it sounds like. It's very nice, you did a good job. But on future files, you might want to turn up the mic volume a little bit more, I have to max it out to hear you properly, but that's fine for me. It's just for you know, other people.

Thanks so much for this and I can't wait for the other half... well, I can wait... but I don't want to... but I'm going to... oh well, you know what I mean. Look forward to it.
KitsuneKit
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 26th, 2007, 10:44 am

Ah. Heh. Well, that eases my mind a little.

As far as volume goes, I do have an option that can make it louder. If you want, I can increase the volume of the first part and replace the version I already uploaded. Won't take but a few clicks.

EDIT: Okay, here's the second part. I upped the volume for it, so hopefully it's good I'm gonna go ahead and increase the volume of the first part.

This comes to 45 minutes of length, at 10.39MB.
edited out

At a file length like that, I might consider splitting all the transformation files into three parts instead of two. 45 minutes isn't too long for you, is it?

EDIT2: The previous file has been fixed. Same link as before.
Last edited by Draygone on October 10th, 2007, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Kanibal » July 26th, 2007, 5:01 pm

Well, I've been watching this topic since it started, and I've only really now started paying attention (Yeah, something's released, now I'm interested) But I've now read through the scrip, and its incredible, and I regret not paying attention earlier on, Draygone, you've done some incredible work for this and put in huge amounts of effort. I'm intending to trial listen to Part 1 tonight (now) and it looks to be promising.

Thats it, just wanted to give my compliments & whatnot.
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Postby KitsuneKit » July 29th, 2007, 7:26 pm

Okay, I will have to get to an internet connection that is large enough for me to download these and try these out. Unfortunatly, my internet is down and I'm stuck on dail-up until the 20th.

Two parts are fine with me. I actually prefer it that way.

I did manage to grab and listen to the first one (the original unedited one) before my internet went down... It sounds pretty good from what I heard. In the newer one, did you fix where it cuts off right after the nose gets leathery? On the original first part, I think it starting to talk about my paws and it cuts off... was that fixed?

Also, what would be a good way of sending you the money for the subscription? I don't know how I can just buy a subscription for you... (WarpMyMind doesn't seem to offer gift subscription options) Would it be cool with you if I sent the $20.85 (price of a 3-month subscription) via PayPal? Or do you want it some other way?

Also, has anyone ever told you that you sound like Caboose from Red Vs. Blue?
KitsuneKit
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » July 29th, 2007, 8:33 pm

In the newer one, did you fix where it cuts off right after the nose gets leathery? On the original first part, I think it starting to talk about my paws and it cuts off... was that fixed?

It cut off? That's strange. I just now checked my file, listening through the 4th-7th steps in full, and there wasn't anything that skipped. It's the same recording as before, as all I did was increase the volume. So I wonder if there was a glitch when I uploaded it, or when you were downloading it. The exact file length is 38 minutes, 49 seconds (give or take a few seconds). Is that how long the file is for you? If it really is skipping part of it for you, I wouldn't recommend listening to it anymore, as that could mess things up when you try redownloading it. anyway...
Also, what would be a good way of sending you the money for the subscription? I don't know how I can just buy a subscription for you... (WarpMyMind doesn't seem to offer gift subscription options)

It's been done before. I think you have to run it by EMG.
Also, has anyone ever told you that you sound like Caboose from Red Vs. Blue?

No, and I don't even know who that is or what the other that is. :P
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby KatieFox » August 1st, 2007, 8:50 am

Not gender specifics good, but then again being gender specific can spur on some changes.

That and, what about those who want to be a different gendered fursona to what they are ?
KatieFox
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » August 3rd, 2007, 3:32 pm

Then, I'd include suggestions where they would change genders.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Draygone » August 4th, 2007, 11:17 am

Okay, for anybody who's still interested in this, I am sad to say that I may not actually make these. It was a fun project to make a file for me (which I still haven't tried), and making one for Kitsune would help me figure out if it's good enough that it'd work on other people (which I've yet to find out, of course). But now it's more an obligation than anything else, and I don't do so well with obligations. So it's not likely I'll be making any more any time soon. If anybody else wants to create a file for themselves, feel free too; I don't hold a copywrite on this. :P All it is is taking a transformation, splitting it up into as many steps as possible, describing each step in the best possible detail (going as far as doing researching the creature), and arranging those steps from easiest (normally visual-only) to hardest. I've already uploaded the finished versions of two files, so that's something to base it on.

But I'm not going to force myself to work on something I don't want to do. Maybe I'll get bored sometime and feel like working on another file for fun, but until then, I'm out of the project.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby KatieFox » August 5th, 2007, 2:48 pm

Aww thats sad, but you did an awesome job. I hope kit gets some results from it ^^

good luck with other interests :)
KatieFox
Regular
Regular

Postby Kanibal » August 7th, 2007, 2:07 pm

Hey, they're good, but don't force yourself. Take a break from it, I'm sure others will follow what you've started. (I hope :wink: )
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Postby KitsuneKit » August 20th, 2007, 6:32 pm

Ah, Finally, I can get back on.

Just wanted to say that I was finally able to download and try the files. Both work wonderfully, but not compleletly successfully, yet. I do get the ocassional feelings of the change and my mind will ocassionally allow me to see the changes (Fur on my arms, and claws and the ocassional tail) but it never last too long. With a couple more tries I think I will be able to get it.

I can't thank you enough.

Also, I'm sad to hear that you aren't going to be making more of these, but I understand what you mean when you say it feels more like a chore than a hobby. I get the same way when I make a game ocassionally. Hopefully, you will come back to this project one day.

Thanks again for these files.

(Did you get my present BTW?)
KitsuneKit
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Furry Transformations