Birth of a kitty person.

A discussion area for people into furry files and topics.

Moderator: EMG

Birth of a kitty person.

Postby Senna » September 28th, 2011, 3:52 am

I am currently looking for female test subjects. My test subjects will inject male cat sperm to get pregnant and give birth to the first breed of kitty people (A kitty person looks just like a normal person but with kitty ears and a kitty tail.) Comment here or pm me if you are interested in being a test subject or if you are male but interested in helping create the kitty person breed please feel free to pm me.
Senna
Regular
Regular

Re: Birth of a kitty person.

Postby qv » September 28th, 2011, 4:33 am

Senna wrote:I am currently looking for female test subjects. My test subjects will inject male cat sperm to get pregnant and give birth to the first breed of kitty people (A kitty person looks just like a normal person but with kitty ears and a kitty tail.) Comment here or pm me if you are interested in being a test subject or if you are male but interested in helping create the kitty person breed please feel free to pm me.

...the fuck?
qv
Mentor
Mentor

o_O

Postby a_chummer » September 28th, 2011, 12:57 pm

I am sorry to diselusion you ... but
It is definately -N-O-T- possible.

Mainly because the genomes do not match, also ... the animal has a different number of chromosomes.

Sorry :P
a_chummer

Postby Foxpaw » September 28th, 2011, 11:23 pm

Regardless, it doesn't seem like senna has several billion dollars of medical equipment laying around. ...Honestly, I think she's trolling here, even though my biology are way out of date, this doesn't come across as a sensible idea, at all.
Foxpaw
Regular
Regular

Postby qv » September 28th, 2011, 11:32 pm

tanyaslave wrote:http://wimp.com/organregrowth/

Actually- it is.

See, all complex life forms use a very effective sub-cellular 'framework', that has changed relatively little as our planet's biodiversity has evolved. This 'cellular architecture' exists solely to give structure for our cells to grow in accordance with, and is present in everything from crocodiles and coelacanths, to birds and bunnies. and yes, even humans.

+It is possible to strip the existing cells from an organ from animal A-
+The grow cultures of animal B's cells on the 'bleached' organ framework-
+Before finally, growing blood vessels in the dis embodied organ, and surgically attach it to animal B.

If you don't think that's possible- we've already used the process to save lives. Watch the video. Hell, we did it with organs like lungs and oesophagial tracts. which is WAAAAY more complex than external ear decor.

CAVEAT! This isn't *quite* as simple as I make it out to be. the process of stripping the organ of its existing cellular manifests is INCREDIBLY delicate work. Then, growing the new cell cultures is a HUGE hurdle in an of its self, before finally animating it, the organ has no immune system, and is hooked up to a temperature, pressure, UV light, etc sensitive housing unit, as well as an artificial heart and dialysis machine basically. (again, this is the lay-man's terms).
I'm not saying the process is FEASIBLE, at least to anyone who isn't a billionaire hiring doctors and buying high grade medical equipment- OR Craig J. Venter (look him up people).
But it is POSSIBLE. (though, there would be zero inheritance, as it is a surgical procedure)

For there t be genetic inheritance, one would need to undergo gene replacement therapy, AFTER we localize the specific genes for human and cat external ear growth manifests. Which, as the U.S. has ruled that you can copywrite such material, if an organization got wind of trying to localize such genes, in order to market the therapies for cosmetic purposes- such an idea isn't only not to far off, it might also happen within our life times.

TL;DR- No, you are wrong. It is possible.

Senna wrote:My test subjects will inject male cat sperm to get pregnant and give birth to the first breed of kitty people (A kitty person looks just like a normal person but with kitty ears and a kitty tail.)

The method as stated by the original poster is still not possible. Therefore
YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR.

...PS: Having the technology and following through on its use are two different things; amateur ethicists worldwide would oppose recreational genetic tampering, and as intensive as tissue creation is, scientists would undoubtedly put their energy into more life-saving applications first. Besides which, we haven't got a hang of reconnecting nerve tissue, so cat ears would be nonfunctional and numb and basically immovable. Same with tails.
TL;DR Elf ears are where it's at, dawg.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby VeryGnawty » September 28th, 2011, 11:35 pm

LOL. Best troll post on WMM.

We should keep Senna around. She has a good sense of humor. This is even better than the bodyswap thing. Kittyperson, LOL
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby Mutazoa » September 29th, 2011, 8:07 am

VeryGnawty wrote:LOL. Best troll post on WMM.

We should keep Senna around. She has a good sense of humor. This is even better than the bodyswap thing. Kittyperson, LOL

How about body swapping into a cat and then get some one pregnant. That could cover some one's Anthro-body swapping-neko-rape fantasy all in one sitting.

And BTW Tanya...grafting a baboon heart into a human body is one thing, modifying animal DNA so that it is compatible enough with human DNA that it would produce a human with some animal features is still so far in the realm of science fiction they don't even have dog sleds running out that way yet. Honestly as much as you produce "evidence" supporting some of these trolls I some times wonder if they are alts of yours :lol:
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Postby qv » September 29th, 2011, 7:57 pm

tanyaslave wrote:Also qv - I said it was possible to have ears. Not that the sperm egg idea would work. And we have made huge strides in neuron regeneration. We are able to make individual's life nearly perfectly normal who have even been internally decapitated. And that- is IMMEASURABLY more complex than grafting culture grown ears. Continuing, the outside of your ear doesn't move much regardless, and considerations like the ergonomic local of muscles on the human skull (or lack there of) would prevent movement. I presented an option that would offer the aesthetic reality of having large cat ears. If you wanted to present a REAL argument- rather than just idiotic responses following some bold caps lock- maybe point out the fact that what I proposed involves Cutting A Tiger's Ears Off. Tails, would actually be more possible to create fully functioning 'models' of. But still, involved Mutilating A Lion.
In short- Fuck you elf boy.

Uh-oh, you mad? :(
My bold caps lock was me trying to reference Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory (not the remake)...
And I know neuron regeneration is getting easier, but I hadn't seen anything about repairing nerve tissue. That's just as far as I know, though, I won't pretend to be up-to-date on that.
All I'm saying is that you can make the appearance of an ear, but it wouldn't really be the same IMO... one of the most attractive things about animal ears, to me anyways, is their mobility, their ability to telegraph emotion, and it makes me sad that it's so difficult to make that happen. Maybe if we made the physical structure and used synthetic muscles triggered via some method of observation of neuron activity... and I suppose we do already have implants that act as a bypass of the ear organs, so you probably could hear out of them too if you wanted... how would hair work though? Would it be fur?
I'm actually kind of depressed you took it so personally... I haven't seen you like that, it's weird.
And I only brought up elf ears because that is something people are doing right now. Honestly, I think it's a bit creepy, but people can get plastic surgery to make their ears pointed... and I guess I was just thinking about cosmetic ear surgery...
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby qv » September 29th, 2011, 10:05 pm

tanyaslave wrote:My bad bro.
I was roid raging as my fish just died.
(5 months! Thats a long time for a carnival won goldfish)

Daw, I feel you. Last summer, my cat started coughing up blood, so I stayed up all night with it (the local vet was closed on weekends). It died around 5 AM Sunday morning... took about the whole year to get over it. That cat was alive my whole life, having her gone was terrible.
So yeah, anyone saying people can't have emotional connections with pets that rival the emotional connections people can have... they can suck it.
EDIT: In hell.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby jon1223 » November 21st, 2011, 8:40 pm

Look, I'm currently training to become a geneticist. I can tell you right now, unless something absolutely insane happened to the DNA during insemination, this would, and will never, work. There are specific mechanisms in place within the eukaryotic genomes that are designed to prevent trans-species propagation. Now then, if you took select genes and transformed a human zygote at the single cellular stage, you MIGHT have a chance, if the planets aligned and fate decided to take her top of for you. And trust me, its not as simple as "Stick the gene in here", oh no, you have to deal with heterochromatin silencing, frame shift mutation from you sticking things where they don't belong, not to mention modifying the whole Hox gene architecture to make sure the ears don't grow out of your ass or something(And this is only the start of the nightmare that is genetic transformation).

Long story short, no, no, and more no with sprinkles on top.
jon1223
Regular
Regular

Return to Furry Transformations