Personality Change

A place to discuss the use of Hypnosis in BDSM relationships

Moderator: EMG

Personality Change

Postby vancedan » February 19th, 2006, 10:42 pm

Hey,
Here's a broad question that's related to Hypno, but more related to conditioning and psycological reinforcement. (I couldn't figure out anywhere to place this). What intrests me, my little fetish, is permanent personality changes. With hypnosis as a secondary aid, does anyone have any suggestions or tips for personality change, especially in enforcing perhaps foreign beliefs, and unusually forms of sexuality. This, assumes that they're consenting to the domination and are not predisposed against hypnosis and brainwashing period.
Thanks!
vancedan

Postby THeDeSade » February 20th, 2006, 10:39 am

Some on here with more experience may contradict this, but my feeling and understanding is that you cannot make any change in a persons personality that they are not willing and ready to change. The sub-consious is pretty strong and those kinds of changes would have to be deeply ingrained. I am guessing that without the complete and total comittment of the subject, such changes are not going to be successful. I see hypnosis more of an aid to change, IE a way to implement in a more efficient manner changes which are already wanted by the individual.

If these assumptions are wrong, then someone correct me but this is what I have gleaned from the reading I have done on hypnosis as a change model.
THeDeSade

Postby vancedan » February 20th, 2006, 1:23 pm

Thanks, but perhaps I should clarify. The subject has consented to change, and this is, especially hypnosis, is to build upon that. So are you saying, even with their consent that they'll be unable to due to the power of the subconsious, or that it just wouldn't work if they're unwilling. Sorry, if I've misunderstood.
vancedan

depends

Postby gork151 » February 20th, 2006, 2:34 pm

it s do able -- there has been alot of research since the korean war on brainwashing ect .. the military takes recruits into boot camp to mold change the young people who they draft or recruit .. hypnosis works best if coupled with other experiences in real time .. but an imagained experience and a real experience are treated by the brain in much the same way... hypnosis plants ideas that take root and grow -- age and expeience of the person will make a difference .. the deeper seated the conditioning the harder it is to replace... i have had my wife listening to files since last april.. and she is changing -- i can see it and feel it ..each time i "test" her i see progress ... you do need to have the goal firmly in mind and make sure you are doing things that take the person where you want them to go in a somewhat systemaic way....if you want to increase the desire for pain ...where is that person now ...know where the limit is -- then figure out when they seem to expand or enjoy that the most ... recreate that in several different ways so it fills different areas of the brain ... add the rewards for behavior and use hypnois to further the cause with hypnosis that is aimed at the pleasure from pain ... aimed at pleasing the one who is giving it to you -- that a slave should be pleasing that a slave should be punished .. things like that ....so each area that i approach i have a plan that i follow ...know where the limit is or the current situation and then begin the erosion- replacement process -- on some things it goes faster than others -- but patience is rewarded .....
gork151
Mentor
Mentor

Postby joe » February 21st, 2006, 2:32 pm

i, too, am trying to elicit change in this field of transformation. i have had no success with it - or limited success, as most of my experimentation has been online and on the phone, or with various files. it doesn't help that i can't seem to settle on a change to be inputted, i keep switching back & forth to various stereotypes and ideas, and have had very little success these past six years.
joe
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jacara » February 24th, 2006, 9:50 pm

I've been thinking about this lately. I would think that if you had time to keep reinforcing these new beliefs/behaviours, it'd certainly start to have an effect.

What I was considering is whether it's possible to "make" someone do something they subconsciously don't want to do. Since hypnosis gives you access to their subconscious, my theory is that you should be able to find the experiences that caused them to have their current view, and re-process those memories (as long as you're non-threatening and don't let on that you're out to change their beliefs) so that they lose a bit of the strong reaction from it.
Example: Someone has a deep-seated opposition to anal sex, so they won't even do it in trance. First you have to explore what caused them to form this belief (probably some childhood memory that gave them a mental note that "ass=evil") and talk them through it, telling them that there was really nothing evil about it... and after a number of these sessions, they may be open to the trances where they're willing to let you try new things. In time (with more sessions) you may be willing to bring out a new side in them.

So I think it's possible to change some deep personality traits, but you need to take a long time and be willing to do a little hypnotherapy with them, finding the source of their beliefs.

The question & answer stuff is best in-person, so I could only really see this working well on a significant-other.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 16th, 2006, 2:29 pm

You cannot with present techniques force an unwanted change. However you can subvert desires so that they are seduced into wanting a change they would not ordinarily accept. it's all in the delivery. It is by no means instant but it can be done if you are careful.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 16th, 2006, 2:52 pm

You may also want to research mesmerism and NLP.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » March 16th, 2006, 3:21 pm

Also see hypnotherapy.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

works

Postby jothan_s » April 7th, 2006, 10:42 am

Yes, this is how Mistress works. connecting real or virtual events to thought patterns, helping Her slave want the change by use of those events to which slave has become, for want of a better word, addicted. positive reinforcements are so powerful on this one that given some time, not always a lot, willing, eager to accept changes for the rewards. not sure of detailsw, sure there are other components, but over two years, major changes ocurred

nuit09 wrote:You cannot with present techniques force an unwanted change. However you can subvert desires so that they are seduced into wanting a change they would not ordinarily accept. it's all in the delivery. It is by no means instant but it can be done if you are careful.
jothan_s
Regular
Regular

Return to Hypno BDSM