Online Resources

A place to discuss the use of Hypnosis in BDSM relationships

Moderator: EMG

Online Resources

Postby arose » June 5th, 2006, 11:09 am

Hi all,
I'm relatively new to this whole scene and would VERY MUCH like to learn more. Unfortunately, this portion of the boards is not that active. I've been to collarme.com and it seems the posters there are not at all into hypnosis which is a huge turn on/draw for your truly. ;) I'm more into the psychological domination than the physical.

I was wondering what resources you have found helpful to learn more. Thanks in advance...
arose

Re: Online Resources

Postby Blink » June 5th, 2006, 3:44 pm

arose wrote:Hi all,
I'm relatively new to this whole scene and would VERY MUCH like to learn more. Unfortunately, this portion of the boards is not that active. I've been to collarme.com and it seems the posters there are not at all into hypnosis which is a huge turn on/draw for your truly. ;) I'm more into the psychological domination than the physical.

I was wondering what resources you have found helpful to learn more. Thanks in advance...

The primary resources I've had for hypnosis education have been of the purely vanilla (dusty, deep-in-the-library, vanilla) variety. There is at least one other good point of contact between hypnosis and BDSM other than this website. Peter Masters has published a book available in the popular press, Look Into My Eyes, and he has an e-book (The Control Book) available free of charge via his website that you'll find interesting, no doubt.

There are quite a few books on hypnosis and other "pervertable" subjects in print. If you haven't read a book on operant conditioning ("clicker training"), then you really should do so. There are a number of websites devoted to animal training, and quite a few of them mention (vanilla) applications with humans. It doesn't take much imagination to make the requisite leaps.

BTW, I've found that there are quite a few people with profiles on Collar who are hypnosis-curious. I think I'm the only one who has declared himself an expert. Sometimes it's good to be me. :twisted:

-- Blink
and hold it....
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby arose » June 8th, 2006, 6:03 am

Thanks Blink, you're the BEST. Fascinating stuff...
arose

Online resources

Postby Blink » June 8th, 2006, 12:25 pm

Thanks, arose. I realized that I'd left something out, though.

This link will take you to a manual for slave training. Quite a lot of information is covered, including REBT (Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy). There is a very basic chapter on hypnosis and BDSM. The site is definitely worth a look.

Most of the stuff here is introductory level, but with the basic nuts-and-bolts information provided, the more detailed fit-and-polish information about techniques can be sought separately.

Remember the journal articles on Peter Masters' site. There's gold in the journals, but you've got to dig for it.

Let me know when you've got more questions.

-- Blink
s-l-o-w-l-y....
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby misfit » June 24th, 2006, 8:21 am

Thanks Blink...now I've got a lot of reading to do. LOL But a quick skim thru looked very promising indeed.
misfit

Postby LadyJane » October 2nd, 2006, 7:42 pm

Blink wrote: "Peter Masters has published a book available in the popular press, Look Into My Eyes, and he has an e-book (The Control Book) available free of charge via his website that you'll find interesting, no doubt."

I googled Peter Masters and found his web site: http://www.peter-masters.com/control_book/index.html

On his website was the following text: "As an author I am keen for lots of people to read my work, and now a publisher has come along and offered to print and publicise The Control Book. I am hopeful that many more people will now get to see and read it. It should be out early next year (2007).

For the time being, to give my publisher the best chance at selling the book, I'm taking most of the book offline, and am removing the PDF file from the site. On the left-hand side of this page though, you can still see the table of contents and click on the links to read some sample sections of the book. I hope that you like what you read, and that you seek out the book when it's published and buy a copy."

Regards,

Lady Jane
LadyJane

Postby Actif » April 15th, 2008, 10:55 am

I found "The Control Book" from Peter Master on

[url=http://www.scribd.com/doc/47925/The-Control-Book]http://www.scribd.com/doc/47925/The-Control-Book[/url]
Carpe Noctem - use the night
Actif

Postby HypnoWraith » April 16th, 2008, 3:13 pm

I haven't read "The Control BooK", but one of my first readings for hypnosis was "Look Into My Eyes". It is extremely helpful for someone getting started, and I still use modified versions of a couple of techniques he mentioned.
Always looking for comments and suggestions on my new Hypno Domination blog, http://hypnodom.blogspot.com !
HypnoWraith
Regular
Regular

Postby FloridaPuppy » April 16th, 2008, 3:43 pm

Monsters and Magical Sticks - There's No Such Thing as Hypnosis by Steven Heller & Terry Lee Steele I found to be pretty good as well both in it's examples and a lot of the topics it covers.
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Postby notyou » April 16th, 2008, 7:37 pm

I really really recommend [url]www.emcpodcast.com[/url] for beginners. This podcast has great episodes on basic ethics for D/s relationships and how hypnosis changes the D/s dynamic. It also has great tutorials on different types of hypnotic techniques.

There is also Wendi Friesen's Hypnotize your Lover series. I thought it's tone was a bit manic, but it does have information about hypnosis and comes with an induction.[/url]
notyou
Regular
Regular

Return to Hypno BDSM