newbie question on binaurals

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

newbie question on binaurals

Postby johnsmith100110 » October 14th, 2010, 5:35 pm

The word "binaural" refers to the low hum in the background of some of the files here? I put the question mark because I'm not sure if that is true or not. What is the purpose of the binaural sound in hypnotism?
johnsmith100110

Postby uw_onsterfelijk » October 14th, 2010, 5:47 pm

A little googl'ing goes along way, but I saved you the search ;)

http://www.hypnoticmp3.com/binaural_beats.htm
uw_onsterfelijk
Mentor
Mentor

Postby DKaiser » October 14th, 2010, 5:48 pm

Twofold reasons: One, by making a difference between the hum in one ear and the hum in another of a specific frequency, you help keep the brain on that specific frequency of brainwave. By having that frequency be in a range where the mind usually is in trance, you help bring someone into trance and keep them there.

Secondly, it's also just helpful from a production standpoint. Easier to listen to than someone talking in silence. Hence why some people put music to files, even if the music isn't modified to do binaurals.
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

thanks

Postby johnsmith100110 » October 14th, 2010, 9:28 pm

Thanks for the help and hospitality. I did try googling, but gave up after reading the wikipedia article, which said nothing about its use in hypnosis. The two replies were great!
johnsmith100110

Postby sleepyjosh » October 15th, 2010, 5:29 pm

I haven't read the Wikipedia article myself, but I'm surprised they don't mention binaural use to enhance hypnosis at least in passing. Oh well.

It's actually a really, really kewl thing if you think about it. Try listening to a binaural, all by itself sometime. One with no music, no speaking... just a straight binaural. You MUST listen with headphones. Now pay attention, and you will eventually hear the pulsing of the binaural beat.

Now here comes the kewl part. That pulsing doesn't "really" exist. It's all an illusion, created inside your brain, based on a slight difference in the pitch of the tone coming in one ear versus the tone in the other ear.

Even if binaurals do nothing else to enhance your hypnotic experiences, just listening to one and grasping the fact that what you are hearing is completely produced inside your head, ought to grant you a revelation. If your brain is capable of being fooled into hearing a beat where none exists, through listening to simple tones, in what other ways might your mind be manipulated by a skilled hypnotist?
sleepyjosh
Mentor
Mentor

BTW

Postby johnsmith100110 » October 15th, 2010, 11:59 pm

BTW, DKaiser's files (who replied earlier in this thread, and which feature binaurals) are great. Tonight I am listening to his files choose hypnosis, submit to hypnosism and hypnosis the best secret.also his music subliminal tape. while watching the alchemy visualization on windows media. yee haw fucks my mind.
johnsmith100110

Postby phryne » October 17th, 2010, 2:17 am

sleepyjosh wrote:
Now here comes the kewl part. That pulsing doesn't "really" exist. It's all an illusion, created inside your brain, based on a slight difference in the pitch of the tone coming in one ear versus the tone in the other ear.

yes! thank you for mentioning this aspect. It incites the brain into hallucination.

here is an excellent example of binaural holophony (earphones a must):
http://www.virtualbarber.org/page.php?32

here are some tonal hallucinations:
http://www.virtualbarber.org/page.php?13

On that last link, the effect of the Deutsch's Scale Illusion is my favorite to work with. Take one ear bud in and out as you listen to hear the sounds change.

As sleepyjosh said, when the brain has been rendered into this state, it is more suggestible. Tibetan Singing Bowels are also said to have a similar effect.
phryne
Regular
Regular

Postby darkerlife » August 25th, 2011, 5:45 pm

This is excellent information, when it comes to editing, cutting and mixing your own files.
darkerlife

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques