guide to making subliminals

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

guide to making subliminals

Postby littlecaltoy » August 20th, 2011, 8:16 am

I've seen a few things on this forum, but does anyone have a link to a simple guide to making subliminals?
Maybe I'm just missing it, but I'm interested in how to set the volume, Hz rate, frequencies, etc. or if any of that even matters.
I've done a few subliminals before, but never did any substantial research.

thanks.
--cal
--cal

"to label me is to render me useless" -- Kierkegaard
littlecaltoy
Regular
Regular

Postby mistermano » August 21st, 2011, 1:03 pm

I'm about to experiment some homemade subliminals on myself now.
As far as the volume of the voice goes, is that, with your headphones, even at max you can just barely hear it. The easiest way to do this is by selecting the audio clip and applying a negative Gain effect, which is pretty much lowering its decibels (dB).

The frequency (Hz) probably plays a role too, though I have no idea which (if any).

One thing I'm actually curious to know is if the music you apply the subs to can affect its effectiveness.
Say I applied the sub to something like a Metallica song or some of the stuff from Two Steps from Hell's "Power of Darkness" album (anything but relaxing musics), can it amplify or dampen the effects of what the voice says?

Another thing I'd also like to ask on the subliminal topic is what sorts of effects (reverb, echo, invert, speeding up/down the voice, reversing, etc) could make it more or less effective as well.

Lastly, is there limit of times you can listen to these subliminals, whether its the same many times or different ones in succession?
mistermano

Re: guide to making subliminals

Postby bandler » August 22nd, 2011, 2:08 pm

littlecaltoy wrote:... I'm interested in how to set the volume, Hz rate, frequencies, etc. or if any of that even matters.
I've done a few subliminals before, but never did any substantial research...

I'm interested to know too.

There are dozens of websites that claim subliminals

A) don't work at all.
B) work like magic.
C) work sometimes depending on details.

I put subliminals in my files with mixed results.

Sarnoga put subliminals in some of his files from what he said.

It would be great to know the techniques that actually produce results.

But, If you knew how to make subliminal messages that really worked, wouldn't you keep quiet about it and simply rule the world?
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Re: guide to making subliminals

Postby qv » August 22nd, 2011, 2:21 pm

bandler wrote:
littlecaltoy wrote:... I'm interested in how to set the volume, Hz rate, frequencies, etc. or if any of that even matters.
I've done a few subliminals before, but never did any substantial research...

I'm interested to know too.

There are dozens of websites that claim subliminals

A) don't work at all.
B) work like magic.
C) work sometimes depending on details.

I put subliminals in my files with mixed results.

Sarnoga put subliminals in some of his files from what he said.

It would be great to know the techniques that actually produce results.

But, If you knew how to make subliminal messages that really worked, wouldn't you keep quiet about it and simply rule the world?

Yeah, subliminals are hard to figure out... sometimes it seems like whether they work is basically random.
In my experience, true subliminals aren't particularly useful. What's better is subliminals that are technically noticable, but only if you're looking for it. Backmasking, for instance, doesn't work because even when the entire mind, conscious and unconscious, tries to decode it, nothing happens. Take some backmasked audio and try to figure out what it says... my bet is that if it's too hard for you when you're trying, it's too hard for you when you're not.
What I'm saying is you should try to find the sweet spot where the subliminal goes unnoticed by the conscious mind but is definitely still clear enough to be picked up by the subconscious.
Also, I recall there was a study where they spliced in frames of Pepsi at a movie screening, and it did increase sales... but only because people realized they were thirsty. Non-Pepsi products sold just as well as Pepsi.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby littlecaltoy » August 22nd, 2011, 5:28 pm

well, i get that subliminals may not be effective all the time.
I remember reading an article about a movie theater that experimented with subliminal adds for popcorn shown before the movie started and popcorn sales rose like 30%. I get that it's not 100%. I'm sure it depends on how well the person on the receiving end can hear, how suggestible they are and whether the suggestions are something they're interested in anyway.

I've had success with some, speeding them up so they sound like a squeak and dropping the volume so you can just barely hear them if you really, really pay attention. But that's just my guess.

I'll post if I find anything interesting. Please do the same, if you think of it.
--cal
--cal

"to label me is to render me useless" -- Kierkegaard
littlecaltoy
Regular
Regular

Postby Jeshi » August 22nd, 2011, 7:32 pm

littlecaltoy wrote:well, i get that subliminals may not be effective all the time.
I remember reading an article about a movie theater that experimented with subliminal adds for popcorn shown before the movie started and popcorn sales rose like 30%. I get that it's not 100%. I'm sure it depends on how well the person on the receiving end can hear, how suggestible they are and whether the suggestions are something they're interested in anyway.

I've had success with some, speeding them up so they sound like a squeak and dropping the volume so you can just barely hear them if you really, really pay attention. But that's just my guess.

I'll post if I find anything interesting. Please do the same, if you think of it.
--cal

The popcorn study is actually fake. The guy that did it is the guy that invented the concept of subliminal and he admitted publicly that he outright lied about the result. In reality there was no remarkable difference.

However, later studies showed that images conveying simple concepts do work to subliminally influence people. But only with simple messages. Flashing "PIZZA" or "PEPSI" can get people to crave eating or drinking, but not necessarily pizza and pepsi. Flashing "Go outside and play frisbee with your friends" won't do anything, "FRISBEE" might just make you want to go outside, but that's it.

So flashing "OBEY" and "SLEEP" probably have some minor effects, but only if the subject's eyes are open to see them.

As for audio subliminals, no scientific study has found that backmasking works. The subconscious mind is worse at deciphering complex messages than the conscious the mind. The reason we have a conscious mind is for tackling the difficult stuff that you need focus and logic to figure out. Riddles, moral dilemmas, the patterns of prey, the seasons certain berries grow in and which ones are poisonous and why, secret codes used by enemy tribes.

I think that if you're going to use subliminal tracks, you should instead consider using a quiet mantra for the background. Something that you can definitely hear consciously if you listen, easily, but that will be repetitive and will result in the conscious mind filing it in the back as background noise.

An example would be in Slutinmyhead's Cock Fixation file. There is a constant mantra in background of him saying things like "I love cock, I love to suck cock. Sucking cock is my favorite thing to do." and so on. At first you might listen to it and realize what he's saying, but then since he's repeating himself you stop paying attention to it.

But then it get's stuck in your head, like a catchy song. After listening to that file I've found myself filling times when I have nothing to think about with the exact words he used in the file. Just thinking "I love cock. Sucking cock is my favorite thing to do." for no reason. And it certainly has an effect on my thinking process because of it. It's not subliminal, but it does a better job at what people are aiming for when they insert subliminal messages.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

I have had some success with subliminalsa

Postby tonguester4_69 » September 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

I have used a seduction subliminal with my wife that definitely worked. I dont't know how the author made it,but she went from complete non-interest tohorny in about an hours time[/i][/b]
tonguester4_69

Re: I have had some success with subliminalsa

Postby bandler » September 8th, 2011, 9:56 am

tonguester4_69 wrote:I have used a seduction subliminal with my wife that definitely worked. I dont't know how the author made it,but she went from complete non-interest tohorny in about an hours time[/i][/b]

too bad you can not remember the name of the author or the file...
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques