Hypnotism requirements

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Hypnotism requirements

Postby venhip » August 30th, 2012, 6:58 am

Hey, I've been using loads of the free content from this site with mixed results (thank you to all the submitters) but I'd like to know what has to be within a hypnosis file. I'd like to maybe record some of my own files, even if it was just for personal use but I'm wondering if I need to use certain phrases to either induct or (more importantly) use in the body or can I just talk like normal? Obviously the induction would need to be relaxing and the wording would reflect that but, basically (finally to the point) what do I *need* to put in? :)

Thanks!
venhip

Re: Hypnotism requirements

Postby ProfessorPig » August 30th, 2012, 9:03 am

venhip wrote:Hey, I've been using loads of the free content from this site with mixed results (thank you to all the submitters) but I'd like to know what has to be within a hypnosis file. I'd like to maybe record some of my own files, even if it was just for personal use but I'm wondering if I need to use certain phrases to either induct or (more importantly) use in the body or can I just talk like normal? Obviously the induction would need to be relaxing and the wording would reflect that but, basically (finally to the point) what do I *need* to put in? :)

Thanks!

the most typical hypnotic files follow the format,
induction, deepener, body, awakener.

the induction is the bit that initially gets you into trance.

the deepener takes you deeper into trance often takes the form of going down stairs.

the body is where you make all the suggestions for the changes you would like to see. the core idea is that you are making a persuasive argument that guides the mind along in a way that they are not questioning the suggestions

the awakener is just a quick count up to take you back out of trance

most small town public libraries will have 1-3 books on hypnosis. the quality of these books varies greatly. some are better for anecdotal stories about the authors experiences with hypnosis, some talk a lot about the science or history behind it but nothing of how to practice it. the best match i have found that is what you are looking for is "Hypnosis for change" by Josie Hadley and Carol Staudacher. the first three chapters lay out what is really important in laying out a suggestion and why. the rest of the book is so so but the beginning states exactly what you are looking for more clearly than any other book i have seen.

if you are making files for yourself go back to your favorite files or the files that have taken you the deepest and study what they do. if you have a premium membership check out as many scripts as you can. for studying inductions i believe emg has recorded all the major ones that you can do over the internet.

one thing many hypnotists do to save time is to install a trigger to go into a deep state of trance. the most popular example of this on its own is the bubble induction. i personally find establishing a trigger for rapid induction is a good idea because i often start getting bored durring an induction i have heard too many times. it also helps if you find yourself going out of trance due to an outside distraction, all you have to do is repeat the trigger in your mind and you can slip back down quickly and easily back into trance.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby venhip » August 30th, 2012, 1:04 pm

Great! Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely try to find that book. Since I live in the smallest backwater of a town i may have to search a nearby city's bookshop haha. Have some kudos :)
venhip

Postby slutinmyhead » January 8th, 2013, 9:57 pm

If you have listened to files on this site, you know how to do an induction. Don't be afraid to experiment... I used to hate writing inductions until I started experimenting... Now they're almost the most fun part to write. And please, definitely post what you produce. We need constant new blood to keep the community vibrant.
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Endo » January 8th, 2013, 11:38 pm

I just started writing my own files, and when I have an idea for a file, I try to map it out a little. Everything should follow a natural progression, and flow together. Make everything as vivid as possible, don't leave any descriptions vague. Describe it in as much detail as you absolutely can. Visualization is important, the user has to be able to see/feel/smell/taste/hear everything that is happening while they are under.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques