Using a digital voice recorder instead of a stand-alone mic?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Using a digital voice recorder instead of a stand-alone mic?

Postby KBhypno » November 23rd, 2012, 7:19 pm

I have no experience with DVRs, and I'm having a problem finding a stand-alone mic at local stores. I can find a DVR.

Would a DVR make good quality MP3s suitable for hypnosis purposes? Or should I stay with using a mic?
KBhypno

Postby Mutazoa » November 23rd, 2012, 8:43 pm

You could use a DVR but you would want to get a good quality one with a stereo mic...so your going to be looking at $200 for a decent one....
Sex is like Tennis: It should leave you sore, sweaty and breathless, and is almost always better enjoyed with more than one person.

-Me
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Postby KBhypno » November 24th, 2012, 6:40 am

Thanks.

I thought stereo mics would be better. I was looking at http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Digital+Voice+Recorder/1792258.p;tab=overview?id=1218291941157&skuId=1792258

For $70 and with the good reviews, it might be the one.
KBhypno

Postby KBhypno » November 24th, 2012, 10:34 am

I just picked up the above model at Best Buy.

In case anyone else wants to use a DVR, I'll post my experience with it. In time I will post the files too.

In trying it out, using the built-in speaker, it is very sensitive, picking up movement of my hand that was holding it. It comes with a built-in stand so that should take care of that.

And it is a little strange hearing my own voice. I wouldn't recognize it.

I have some hypnotism ideas along with some scripts.
KBhypno

Postby joecomp2000 » December 20th, 2012, 4:34 pm

picked up combo mic and stereo head phones and connected to the laptop. the combo is for gaming and talking to your competitors.. it was cheap under $15
then used audacity ... which is free ware
works like a charm
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Mutazoa » May 3rd, 2013, 5:48 pm

AS much as I normally try to avoid Tread Necrosis I just thought I'd share this little bit of software I stumbled across.

It's called "Music and Voice Cleaner" byt Izotope. It's primary function is to clean up all the extranious noise from less than ideal recording sources....
Sex is like Tennis: It should leave you sore, sweaty and breathless, and is almost always better enjoyed with more than one person.

-Me
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques