What was the question?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

What was the question?

Postby IAcurious » January 12th, 2013, 8:43 pm

Last edited by IAcurious on January 15th, 2013, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IAcurious
Regular
Regular

Postby Endo » January 13th, 2013, 12:06 am

Wow. I've never heard of isochronic tones. This sounds interesting, and I have a question. Is the only thing they can do is help relax you, like binaurals are supposed to do?
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby IAcurious » January 13th, 2013, 5:44 am

Last edited by IAcurious on January 15th, 2013, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IAcurious
Regular
Regular

Postby zapnosis » January 13th, 2013, 6:21 am

OK, I'm not sure what you would call the beats I use, monaural probably, but they aren't that different to isochronic beats in theory. I haven't heard the two used together, but...

Well, binaural beats are beats created by an interference pattern mixed in your brain. Isochronic beats are just on-off-on-off. So to get an interference pattern between different isochronic tones, you would have to hear the binaural "pulse" in the time between the on-off of the isocronic tones. One or the other is going to be redundant, surely?

Honestly never saw what the fuss was about with binaurals, pulsing tones may sound annoying to you but listening to 2 tones that are not quite the same is really annoying to me. Monaural are not the most effective, perhaps, but they are definitely the most versatile.
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby IAcurious » January 13th, 2013, 7:05 am

Last edited by IAcurious on January 15th, 2013, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IAcurious
Regular
Regular

Postby zapnosis » January 14th, 2013, 3:58 am

Experimentation is definitely the best way to find out. Good luck with that.

Z
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Endo » January 14th, 2013, 11:27 am

What range of tones should I be using for hypnosis? I've looked and there are samples I can use that are labeled as alpha, beta, and theta. I've been using binaurals that start at 22hz then drop to 16?hz, and they seem to work. I'm not really sure on what frequency is best in general for what we do.

I've found a few samples, and some of them sound like they might be applicable to hypnosis. [url]http://iso-tones.com/index.php/tones/recreational[/url] What do you think?
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby IAcurious » January 14th, 2013, 8:48 pm

Last edited by IAcurious on January 15th, 2013, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IAcurious
Regular
Regular

Postby zapnosis » January 15th, 2013, 7:33 am

Hi Endo,
Never mind the Greek, last I heard the 6hz-12hz range was where trance is. However, I never believed that brainwave manipulation was 100% effective and my files tend to be a bit domineering, so allowing for some resistance I used a 3hz pulse within a 1.5hz pulse. This works well with a single "sine wave" pulsing tone but would be more difficult with binaural or isochronic tones. I have had some very positive feedback on this, but for others it doesn't seem to have much effect. Possibly they would respond better to other frequencies/ types of beat or maybe they just don't respond well to brainwave stuff, I couldn't tell you which.

Hope this is useful
Z
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Endo » January 15th, 2013, 2:57 pm

Okay, thanks. I've found an 8 minute long sample of isos, and it seemed to be relaxing, so I'll play around with that for a while.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques