subliminal placebo

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

subliminal placebo

Postby wohermiston » April 5th, 2013, 7:13 am

I too have doubts that buried speech can be interpreted. I have seen comments about placebo and it strikes me that that makes more sense.
lets say you have a background of rushing wind or water. Now, openly instruct the subject that buried in the "wind" is a message. and that message is "whatever you want it to be" and as the wind ebbs and flows, you will feel the influence of that message. something like that would attempt to match the message to the sound. I think that could be very effective.
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » April 5th, 2013, 8:00 am

Milton Erickson wrote:
...And my voice will go with you.

And my voice will change into that of your parents, your neighbors, your friends, your schoolmates, your playmates, your teachers...

wohermiston, enthusiasts of subliminal recordings will undoubtedly post interesting responses about success found in unexpected places.

As opinion, I agree with your doubt. And the example you gave about a voice hidden within the rushing wind reminded me of one of the teaching tales of Milton Erickson[/URL]... a tale that effectively uses open-ended suggestion.

MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

trigger vs subliminal

Postby wohermiston » April 6th, 2013, 7:11 am

the red flash and the "voice going with you" are like keyword triggers. I use the same idea using urges to pee as a trigger to relax and let go. But here I am suggesting that we use a sound as a substitute for a message - while in trance. I wonder if that would be one way to introduce a strong negative that otherwise would not be effective if simply spoken repeatedly. articles on subliminal advertising say negatives work better than positives there. But they are doing visuals. and in the case of visuals, it must be kept to 1 or 2 words to be effective. In this example you are tricking the subject because in truth there are no commands buried in the sound. Hopefully the subject simply beleives your message and from that point on, as the sound repeats, the subject relates the sound to the actual command. that's why i call it a placebo effect. Comming back to your comment though, i suppose it is possible that if the subject were to hear a strong wind later on, it may have a trigger effect. I had not thought of that possibility. I had mentioned in a different group. I am going through old Pampers commercials looking for bits I can re use in scripts. and I found an interesting technique they used back in the '70s. and that is selective amplifying of certain words. you can see it when you view the waveforms in audacity. keywords are much louder than the rest of the spoken text. I guess most people do not pay alot of attention to commercials, so this is a way to embed just the key words they want you to remember.
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques