Hypnosis an the Oculus Rift?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Hypnosis an the Oculus Rift?

Postby Mino » June 9th, 2013, 9:48 am

[url=http://www.oculusvr.com/]The Oculus Rift[/url], if you're not familiar, is a head mounted display device which blocks out the outside world and has special goggles and software to take up about 100 degrees of your field of view in both directions in both eyes.

From what I've heard and seen, the Oculus Rift is highly immersive, and is having a lot of interesting effects on people. It's even being picked up by a great deal of developers, including Second Life.

This is an excellent opportunity for self-hypnosis. If we can invest the time and effort, we can create the perfect virtual hypnotist, or perhaps dom. We could even combine other devices such as the Razer Hydra, so the game would know where the user's hands are, or we could use a Kinect to get full body information.

I'm not sure how open the new Kinect will be, but Microsoft has demonstrated it's great and terrifying abilities. It can even measure your heart beat by micro changes in the pigmentation of your skin. Just imagine what we could do with this information when creating a virtual hypnotist! The main folly of pre-recorded MP3s are they are flawed as a hypnosis medium, the hypnotist can't possible gauge where you're at and alter the session accordingly.

With new Kinect information and full control over your sight and hearing, I believe that we could create the perfect hypnotist, perhaps better than someone in person. This could lead to interesting sessions after the framework has been built, such as creating a dom that you cannot disobey, and they know when you try.

The framework itself has many directions it could go in, maybe you could have a fully customized hypnotist, which learns from your sessions by taking in your reactions and input. The sessions could be custom made by the community, either through segmented recordings and lines being put together in a complex script, allowing you to dynamically update it depending on certain factors, or maybe this could all be done through Text To Speech and the voice could dynamically alter.

I'm probably getting way ahead of myself, and I doubt I could complete such a project by myself. Maybe I'll join a studio or something and I could share this idea, or maybe someone could just steal this idea and make a great product! I'd probably only hate a person who puts no effort into implementing these ideas, but anyone who attempts such a great task, would gain a lot of respect from me.
Mino
Regular
Regular

Postby WME3 » June 21st, 2013, 12:35 pm

Not a bad idea, Mino!

I believe someone else made a wearable device like that,
It would be wise to jump onto the bandwagon and start developing as soon as possible, seeing as how it may not be long before [url=http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/521337-first-fully-immersive-sex-game-announced-for-oculus-rift] other people's ideas [/url] are fully implemented as well.
WME3
Regular
Regular

Postby papotik » June 21st, 2013, 11:16 pm

Interesting but what this device have more than the previous "gogle screen" or "virtual reality device" existing ?
Can it be more effective than that :) :

Something which could be useful in your project is an EEG, for react to the brainwaves

Other day i was guessing it was possible to use Google Glass for hypnosis, i think it could be a good support too

But a isolationhood, with implented earphone could be really effective, after few hours :)
papotik
Regular
Regular

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques