For Prospective Hypnotists: Reversal Technique

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

For Prospective Hypnotists: Reversal Technique

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » June 27th, 2013, 3:18 pm

With this posting, I'm telling about the hypnotic technique known as reversal. Once a hypnotist understands how this technique gets used therapeutically, it becomes possible to use it in other fun ways. 8)

Recently, a newish WMM member posted a forum request that asked for help dealing with anxiety. The specific request was:
    Is there any hypnosis that helps with these things?

Disclaimer:
Of course I'm concerned whether this person's anxiety is chronic! But when my TV doesn't work, I wait to call a repairman until after checking that it's plugged in. That's what I'm doing for this member... checking something simple first. More than that, I'm doing what she asked, using hypnosis to help.

The Suggestion
I gave the advice to STOP listening to mp3s and after a few days, to listen to just ONE recording and just ONE time through.

Rationale
As this member thinks about her collection of mp3s and considers which one she'll choose, she's also anticipating. In this case, the anticipation is being processed at a subconscious level.

When she eventually listens - with anticipation of hearing a favorite again - the habit of anxiety can fall away: forgotten.

Example from Milton Erickson
In the case known as Reduce-Gain-Reduce Mr. Erickson gets a patient to change a life-long pattern. He simply has the client reverse her pattern of reducing (dieting) and then regaining the weight.
The chains of habit are too light to be felt until they’re too heavy to be broken.

Check out my latest journal entry: here.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby papotik » June 27th, 2013, 11:11 pm

So she can continue to listen ogg files or wav files, or youtube video, but no mp3s files ? :lol:

Your link is really interesting, and show how complex is the human mind...
papotik
Regular
Regular

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques