Suggestion limit in a single file?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Suggestion limit in a single file?

Postby student » December 22nd, 2013, 2:26 am

Just a question I've been thinking about for a while, but is there a limit to the number of suggestions you can give in a file or the sky's the limit? Aside from making it really, REALLY long and arduous would there be any impact on how everything is accepted? (As in whether all suggestions are taken or only partials). Sorry in advance if this doesn't make much sense, I'm pretty tired as I write this.
student

Postby Endo » December 22nd, 2013, 2:51 am

It depends on how susceptible you are to 'nosis suggestions generally and in file form. There's something to be said for slow successes in that once you've got something, it'll take hold and get big pretty fast. Let yourself get focused on one thing, and if it's the right thing, you might be able to do some other things with it, depending on how associative your mind is.

I know that was a kind-of non-answer, but it really is something that you'll need to figure out for your unique mental landscape.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby WatDo » December 24th, 2013, 12:47 am

It depends on the person, but 3 is usually the magic number for me and I get distracted easily thanks to anxiety so... Yeah it stinks. I think length and pacing is more of a factor than how many suggestions you do.

You could suggest 10 things within 5 minutes, but it wouldn't be potent enough to drill all the suggestions in to the listener's mind. You could do the same thing over a span of 50 minutes, which gives your listener's mind too much time to potentially wander off course. You get the idea.
WatDo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Siren » December 24th, 2013, 2:20 am

I have generally found that if the suggestions are sequential (ergo they are related to eachother) you can put more suggestions in. <.< >.> Generally the magic number for getting a suggestion to stick a bit better is to say it three times (each time in a different way).

So for example:

1. You may start to find that you take in all suggestions easily
2. In fact, its easy to take in and accept all the suggestions in a file.
3. You might become aware of how easy it is to accept and experience all the suggestions in a hypnotic file because you can open your mind to the fact that you can easily accept and experience all the suggestions in a hypnotic file.

Wording is everything :P But you see how they all say pretty much the same thing?
Siren

Postby ViVe » December 28th, 2013, 2:11 am

I think you can’t just say a fixed number…

First of all – what is a suggestion? Is just the meta-topic a suggestion? Or everything you say to specify it? (as it would technically be) (for Example – if I say you want to behave like a dog and specify that you want to bark, eat from a bowl and walk on all fours – is it one suggestion or four?)

Then of course it’s a question of how related the suggestion are… Take the example above – even if you count it as four – they go well together! If you say trigger a makes you a dog, but trigger b a cat and trigger c a mouse…. That's only three suggestions… but yeah…

So no, I don’t think you can just say a number… and that doesn’t even consider individual differences!
ViVe
Regular
Regular

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques