Text based hypnosis concept

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Text based hypnosis concept

Postby ParanoidLord » February 1st, 2014, 11:29 pm

So the idea of hypnotizing someone through text chat is nothing new, but how about something where the subject types out a provided script to bring themselves under?

The way I'm seeing it, someone would need to write a special program that gradually reveals text, no more than one line at a time (perhaps even one word) and doesn't reveal new suggestions until the earlier ones have been typed. Using special software does open up various possibilities, like adding a random element to the ordering and vocabulary of the scripts. On the other hand, software compatibility might be a question; odds are something in HTML5 would be a user's best bet. My idea here is that a hypnotic subject would be stimulating their memory centers more than if they were just passively absorbing a file, although how easily a retyped message would enter the user's unconscious is debatable. It'd probably work better with more programming-oriented files, and it might be best to put all scripts in first person. I wonder if this has ever been done before?
(Don't) avoid the noid.
ParanoidLord
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Endo » February 2nd, 2014, 9:28 am

Could be interesting. I don't have a lot of programming experience. If I did, I would, but...
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Desmond » February 20th, 2014, 5:19 am

You could just use a PowerPoint presentation and time the slide show to show each line after a few seconds (or each word). This can do exactly what you want, you can animate the text to fade in so it's comfortable to read while trying to relax. It may be good enough, try it out.
Desmond
Regular
Regular

Postby tyrant_storm » February 20th, 2014, 10:15 pm

Who knows if it's been done? It probably has, but we can do it too. Autohotkey might do what you want. It's a little bit scripty though.

Otherwise a python program could handle this pretty easily if you format your text file like an html doc. I see it as two step process:

1. Create a standard script format.
2. Use program to display words give script input and script speed.

Example file:

myscript.txt

//Randomized words
<deeper=falling,further down, more and more relaxed>
<submit=obey, agree, surrender, relinquish, succumb>
<masterbate=rub,stroke,performing hand to gland combat>
<orgasm=cum,explode,climax,peak,spasm>

//Begin script
<speed=5>
script...<deeper> script script...
<speed=3>
script...script <deeper> script <submit>...
<speed=2>
5 <submit>
4 <submit>
3 <submit>
2 <submit>
1 <submit>
0 <submit>
<speed=1>
script <submit>....script<masterbate>....script<submit> <masterbate> script....
script <orgasm> script...
<speed=3>
<speed=5>
Wake up!

//End of File

What do you think?
tyrant_storm

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques