What makes it work?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

What makes it work?

Postby HeadMistress Squirrel » February 8th, 2014, 7:57 am

this is for those budding hypnotists or "tists" out there who want to have a go at making a file or perhaps operate in text-based hypnosis.

a few things to consider as i have often pondered myself as how hypnotists can bend your mind to do what they will, as well as the effectiveness of my own works.

you have to tell a story:
like any good author of a book.,you have to capture the hearts and minds of the reader. you have to be able to paint a picture in words so vivid that even the most non-imaginative person will be able to see what you are saying. in doing so its all in the ingredients.. the words themselves.

As i have often said. use descriptors or adjectives that best tell that story. if you are going to use the same kind of word to describe the same thing. use synonyms (words that mean the same but are spelled different).

the balance and structure ARE important. think of what you are trying to accomplish as a main goal. do not try to implant too many effects at once. keep it to two or three at a time per trance. and try to make sure the effects are all in the same catagory or close. do not try to do a transformation if you are trying to cause pain (for instance) pair it up with pleasure instead. like a fine wine some things go good with anything.,some pair up better with just a few. be able to capture your subjects attention with metaphors and or comparisons as i just have in the previous sentence.

Speed: if in text based hypnosis such as live-text conversation be sure that your speed is consistant. no too fast not too slow
do not try to type too much all at once
perhaps a sentence a line.
if the subject sees too much of a gap or has to trudge through reading a whole paragraph at once it can be dis-jarring and non effective.
if the reader has a light time at reading the sentence on one line its easier for them to "keep up". it is in that effect they keep the pace and are lulled into the trance-like state. i have found it most effective to be a good typist to be a good text-based tist.
be sure the subject your working with understands the words you use. if they are not on the same intelligence level it is harder to convey what you are trying to say if they dont understand WHAT you are saying. i usually save my big word for regular chat where people are free to ask what it means. you dont want to disjar your subject from a trance state with a mental question.
Typo's are a no-no. i find in my own trancing that if i see a typo, i am distracted. it is like walking down a nice shady lane and then tripping over a stone in the road. it causes me to stop and look at that stone. (that was a metaphor and/or a simili, yet also true in meaning) .

if it is voice based:
the tist's voice must be smooth and mello (think of James Earl Jones or Morgan Freeman, or Barry White the singer). their voices have a way of capturing you and drawing you in. I could listen to them narrate all day. Also what clientelle are you looking for? some prefer to listen to females as preference, while some prefer males.

Be sure there are no outside noises such as cars going by or people talking or radios or tv's on while recording. a person may be distractd by "unatural" noises when trying to trance. if you live in a house with other people. try to record when the rest of the house is asleep. if you have pets be sure to record when they are asleep. the "raw" voice recordign should be pristine. if adding binurals or tones some may hide small imperfections of sound. but others may not.

be clear in what you are saying. do not stammer or "um" or "ah" when speaking. be sure there is fluidity in both manner and tone inflection.
it has to flow like a river..ever onward but not run-on fashion. do not sigh or take deep breaths on tape. the whole idea is to lull the subject softly and gently to that trusting box as i think of it. that little space where they open up their skeptical box and reveal the nugget of trust to hand over to you as a tist.

be sure you record when you are at your most natural state of vocals. do not record if your feeling nasal or have a cough or not well. the secret is good oration. some of the best narrators or orators know the secrets of engaging their audience with their words. if recording by voice do not just make a file and send it out there for all to be heard. listen to it. if not happy then others will not be either. think of how your mother used to sooth you with her voice. think of how lulling it was to calm your fears.

for some good examples of vocal persuasion watch some politicians and/or religious leaders. they have used silent hypnosis to persuade the masses to vote for them or go to their church etc.

i hope this helps for those who are interested. your comments and/or addendums are appreciated

HMS
HeadMistress Squirrel
Mentor
Mentor

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques