What types of hypno files require headphones / mono audio?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

What types of hypno files require headphones / mono audio?

Postby obey_evolution » February 9th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Hi, I've noticed that some hypno files say "must use headphones" which makes me assume that some types of hypno content does would not work if you were playing on a single speaker (for example, out loud on cell phone speaker on a desk with several people sitting around it). Can anyone identify what specific content/waveforms/technique don't work with just one shared speaker?
Thanks,
Jim
obey_evolution
Regular
Regular

Postby Frap » February 9th, 2014, 7:14 pm

Anything with a "binaural beat" as the idea with binaurals is you have two different tones at a slightly different frequency so the tone heard is a much lower frequency tone that can be heard by the human ear. The resulting frequency theoretically gets translated into brainwaves (some people dispute this but in my experience it at least helps the subject trance).

For example

Left-200hz
right-207hz
207 - 200 = 7hz heard.

7hz is into the Theta wave range which is more relaxed, almost sleep-like state.

There are Isochronic binaural beats where a constant-pitch tone is repeated at a specific rate which produces the desired brainwave pattern but I've never used them and cannot vouch for their effectiveness.
Frap
Regular
Regular

Postby obey_evolution » February 9th, 2014, 9:21 pm

Thanks for the great explanation. I've listened to a few of the Isochronic files. Clearly they are subliminal as all you hear are beats until you trance at which point you can just make out that someone is saying something. I'm not sure about effectiveness as I use a few overlapping files to change things up but keep some consistent goals.
Thanks Again.
obey_evolution
Regular
Regular

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques