General Hypnosis Discussion (All Welcome)

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

General Hypnosis Discussion (All Welcome)

Postby winterwolf » February 21st, 2014, 8:13 am

Let us suppose for the sake of discussion that as you are reading this, it is supper time. You are hungry. You've starved yourself all day, and even though you are on a strict diet, you are trying to think of a good restaurant to go to. Now let’s see, as your mind scans the different possibilities, it thinks of some that are close, some that are quick. some that have lots of easy parking and others that have good looking waitresses. Mechanically, your thought processes went like this:

a. Particular sensations and chemicals cause the mind to feel what it mentally describes as a pang of hunger. This is perceived as an important need.

b. The mind has a process that we can call an Intention System that creates specific intention messages that are sent throughout the brain. It stores these Intentions temporarily. If an intention is not freshly created and restacked at the top of the clutter of intentions in the intention store, then it gets buried underneath the "mind cluttered desk of things to do" and forgotten. In our example, the mind is searching its memory banks for options on how to satisfy its hunger.

c. The mind must decide upon one particular course of action. The mind quits focusing on other matters, and concentrates upon deciding which course of action to take. The mind has now activated all kinds of what some researchers call "demons". Because we are not talking about spiritual demons, but rather we are referring to units of cognitive processes--which are very similar to UNIX computer demons--we will refer to these demons by the name "cognitive demon processes." Some of these cognitive demon processes are action demons and some are word demons, and some are recognition demons.

Recognition Cognitive Demon Processes go running through the mind, "shouting" the wishes of the Intention store. A number of lower level cognitive demon processes wake up and make themselves known if they identify with what the recognition demon is shouting about. Many may think they match the request, but other demon processes check them out to see how close they match. Now the checkers come up with a list of cognitive demon processes who are concerned with eating at restaurants, who have woken up and are all scrambling for attention. Cognitive demon processes establish themselves in families, and develop relationships that are automatic. (Cognitive Demons do not die, but some go to sleep and others can get somewhat rusty in their relationships.) The "demons" that respond to the shouting of our recognition demon go through a series of "interviews" with a hierarchy of other demon processes, and soon the messenger demon can rush back to the Intention Store with the name of the choices available.

All this happens extremely quick. If the mind did not set up a series of automatic cognitive demon processes that become habits, (called K-lines) it would find itself involved in the conscious relearning of trivial matters that would make it impossible to get much accomplished. Every skill would have to be constantly relearned. A person might easily end up spending all day dressing. As long as the mind remains in a static environment, where habits work, it’s great. But life is such a changing environment, that our entrenched habits can cause the mind to pull up a cognitive demonic process out of habit, when it is neither wanted nor appropriate.
(As quoted from http://trainherwell.blogspot.ca/ on 21/02/2014)

I found many articles on this blog to be very helpful if a little preachy at times. Lets compile some addresses and resources that directly relate to the topic of hypnosis as so to create a directory. I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner. Also if anyone has a general hypnosis question feel free to PM me with it. I can not respond to everything, however I will try and if its of general interest I will try answer it publicly. This being said please EXPLICITLY state if your question is to be kept private. Always happy to help.
winterwolf

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques