Desire waking halucination, like waking lucid dreams.

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Desire waking halucination, like waking lucid dreams.

Postby lordpleb » May 29th, 2014, 1:34 pm

I have been a fan of self and other hypnosis for many years. My problem is that I can not completely forget my real world self. All files I have tried to see myself as...fail. I know that hypnosis works on me, but I just can't get to the point of total immersion when conscious.

Is there a type of hypnosis that works best for my type?
Does anyone become totally immersed to the point of visual and mental hallucination?

Any hypnotist up for the challenge?
lordpleb

Postby Madame-Y » May 29th, 2014, 3:38 pm

Perhaps you need a file that appeals to other senses? If the sight of yourself is elusive, the feeling of being somewhere or the sound or the scent or even a taste - just might be a better focal point to re-create in your mind.

It's possible to be a very visual person, consciously, but still more liable to reach for these other points of reference subconsciously.

Have you had any success with the parts of files that appeal to other senses?
Madame-Y

re- self comments.

Postby lordpleb » May 30th, 2014, 3:45 pm

I went to your website and tried sample files. The first file was interesting because my right arm rose with the balloon, but my left arm did nothing ..with weight. Could this be a right brain, left brain issue. Left hand right brain used for imagination lacking proper hypnosis method.
The second and third files were very good. I went very deep in third file and forgot what it was about last night. I listened again today and went extremely deep having a vivid visual response (landscapes) during some parts. I think these files were good for overcoming /tricking my intellectual side. I also loved the FM voice.

The last file was good and fun, but I felt my awareness and consciousness present most of the time.

Is there a type of hypnosis with eyes open fading the visual field? Then replace with imagined vision?
Also, I can't smell much or taste. I don't think this would help in hypnosis file.
lordpleb

Postby Madame-Y » May 30th, 2014, 10:14 pm

Oh, thank you for your visit and your feedback.

I would try doing the book/balloon thing with your hands reversed, or to find something that relies on sides of the body but try doing it opposite. If it still works, it just means that some sensations are easier for you to call up than others, and hasn't got to do with brain sides. (Some of that sidedness stuff can be a little overstated, I think)

I would say that your experience indicates that you do well if a trance is a little bit physical in some way and participatory. You might do well with eye closure and eye fixation, just probably not the way I did it in that fourth file, perhaps.

The idea of switching the actual field of vision with an imagined one is a technique I've seen in a couple of scripts. I think it would be really neat with the right subject.
Madame-Y

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques