What I don't like in a file

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

What I don't like in a file

Postby Maleko7 » August 30th, 2014, 3:06 am

I have found a few files which seem interesting and perhaps might work on me and then the author goes and scares the heck out of me.

Here is an example, I am almost under and the sun is shining, the warm breeze is blowing and the world is a very calm place and then I JUMP OFF A CLIFF! You know, later it might be the author decides I will float down to earth, but I have already almost had my heart attack and woken out of any chance of a trance. There are some of us for whom heights (well, actually the thought of falling) is a big turnoff.

Another problem might be swimming underwater and having sharks swim by.

These are not necessarily soothing, relaxing thought for some of us.
Maleko7
Regular
Regular

Postby Endo » August 30th, 2014, 7:39 am

Have you considered the possibility that the author is TRYING to scare you? There was one file where I was worried that some goo was going to drown me, and it wasn't until that was actually happened that the file revealed that this goo was breathable. I talked to the author about it, and he said that that was intentional.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Rotoscope » August 30th, 2014, 5:19 pm

It just depends on personal preference. In most cases the author is indeed most likely trying to scare you. From the examples you give that seems evident. Apart from reading file descriptions and asking the author about his/her files, the best thing to do to avoid stuff like this is listen to the file once without trancing and see if it contains anything that makes you uncomfortable.

On a side note, being scared by a file like that actually sounds quite fun from my perspective. Providing the given scare doesn't touch on any latent fears/phobias you have, I say just enjoy it like a roller coaster(again, just me. Do what you like)

This whole thing reminds me of some Youtube videos(really just audio) that I tried out a few months back, where a 3D microphone set up is used so any sound from the file is heard like it's in the same room as you, and for example someone whispering feels like he/she is whispering in your left ear, or your right ear, or behind you etc. It's quite fun.

If you find one that's meant to be scary, just close your eyes and listen and try to make it to the end without moving. It's really immersive if you get a good one.
Rotoscope
Regular
Regular

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques