Scratches and pops in some recordings?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Scratches and pops in some recordings?

Postby johnkelly00 » October 26th, 2014, 11:38 pm

I hear these some times or the speaker will slur some words. What is the purpose of these?

I'm not talking about poor audio quality - it seems very much intentional.
johnkelly00

Postby Endo » October 27th, 2014, 7:51 am

I don't know. Can you provide a specific example here?
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby johnkelly00 » October 27th, 2014, 8:39 pm

Hot Wife - by slutinmyhead. As Princess Surrender reads the script, there are clicks, pops, and sometimes slightly slurred words.

That's just one example.

Thanks for replying.
johnkelly00

Postby Endo » October 28th, 2014, 12:52 pm

Hmm. Some of those sound like lip smacks, and the crackle in the background just comes naturally with a lot of microphones. It can be taken care of in editing, if the editor knows more than just cut/pasting. She seems to swallow audibly on occasion as well.

The slurring may be due to fuzzy copy/pasting in post, as well. If a reader looses track, then starts over, there will be some overlap. Unless properly edited, parts of words may be duplicated, making the start of the word or end of the word take longer, making it sound slurred.

Personally, I'VE never done anything like this with my recordings, I try to keep my vocals as clean as possible, so I'm not sure what the intended effect would be, should someone purposefully do something like this.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques