Is it possible to make Text to Speech sing?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Is it possible to make Text to Speech sing?

Postby Brand_X » November 8th, 2014, 5:40 am

Options seem to be very limited! I believe Macs have built in software that does allow some kind of TTS manipulation, but I don't have a Mac. There's Vocaloid, which now has an English version (doesn't work so well as Japanese unfortunately) but apart from those two, not much else that I know of.

It's frustrating, I've searched Google for over an hour looking for software that would allow me to play with TTS voices, but I'm finding nothing of use. I don't need the voices to sing in the true sense of the word, I just want to change the rhythm/tempo.
Brand_X

Postby joecomp2000 » December 12th, 2014, 8:54 pm

pump it into auto tune?
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ParanoidLord » December 12th, 2014, 11:30 pm

I remember that the old SAPI standard for text to speech voices (contemporaneous with Windows 98 and early versions of XP, I think) allowed you to alter tempo and rhythm a bit with text tags, but that's slow and cumbersome.

Vocaloid apparently has some variants (Vocaloid-flex and VOICEROID) that are optimized for speech as opposed to song, but I don't know how English-friendly they are. If they let you alter pronunciation rules, you might get good results.
(Don't) avoid the noid.
ParanoidLord
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Aureole » January 23rd, 2016, 9:48 am

+If you have Audacity, I would download a Synthesizer Vocoder VST.

A Synth Vocoder, can prolong the wave frequency in vocal patterns.

>
Aureole

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques