What Makes Curse Files Work?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

What Makes Curse Files Work?

Postby DanWright » December 2nd, 2014, 1:52 pm

Hi,

Since I came to the site recently I've been drawn to several curse files, both for a given effect, but also because of the implied permanence of the effect. The idea really does it for me. But I got to thinking, how do they work such that the effects are irremovable without a curse removal file?

I've read people's accounts of listening to some curse files, sometimes multiple times and having the effects wear off or not take hold, even if trance was achieved every time(Which isn't surprising of course, it's not magic, just psychology), so what is the trick to getting one to stick where you can't get it removed, even if you want to? Can they even work if you're not 100% on board?(I mean, we're all a bit apprehensive about some files at times)

I guess I just figured that the 'curse' part of a file was yet another suggestion that itself has to take hold, just like the file's main intended effect(s) before it would act as an anchor for the file itself, though I don't know.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Thanks!
DanWright
Regular
Regular

Re: What Makes Curse Files Work?

Postby Endo » December 2nd, 2014, 2:23 pm

DanWright wrote:
I guess I just figured that the 'curse' part of a file was yet another suggestion that itself has to take hold, just like the file's main intended effect(s) before it would act as an anchor for the file itself, though I don't know.

That's how pretty much every "curse" file works, tbh. A curse is just a suggestion that a file will be permanent and super-effective. However, there's a certain played-up mythology with curse files, which helps make them more effective, placebo effect and all. The more you believe in the strength of the curse, then the more it actually has.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Re: What Makes Curse Files Work?

Postby VeryGnawty » December 2nd, 2014, 6:45 pm

Endo wrote:The more you believe in the strength of the curse, then the more it actually has.

Basically, this. The better one's hypnosis techniques and the more one believes the suggestions, the better they will work.
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby lew897 » December 3rd, 2014, 5:04 am

I think that a curse depends on more factors than just a belief. I think belief is the beginning and end results, not the process. A little skepticism is natural. Placebo effects need an authoritative figure and drugs. People always seriously underestimate their own brains. I don't think a persons hypnosis techniques matter or whether they initially believe it will work. I think curses work exactly like any other hypnosis file, they only create more drama. What hypnosis does is talk with your subconscious and tells it to do stuff, luckily your able to choose what you want it do. Your subconscious also does every little suggestion that reaches it. So, with this theory you really aren't being cursed your just following your own weird suggestions. Since ultimately only you have the choice. Or someone plays CFG subliminal while you sleep like in the CFG section testimonial. Or forces you to watch thousands of hours of commercials.
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ProfessorPig » December 3rd, 2014, 9:03 am

Curse files typically contain two powerful suggestions that make the results much harder to escape. the first is to create an addiction to the file so that you keep listening to it even after you start seeing changes. the second, and more devious suggestion, is to make the original author of the file the only one who can reverse its effects. some files will have suggestions that no one will be able to reverse the effects, those ones are especially risky because it is possible to have unintended side effects from any file.

Not all curse files will have both of those suggestions but most do.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques