finger snapping. What's it all about.

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

finger snapping. What's it all about.

Postby wohermiston » January 12th, 2015, 8:40 am

What's with the finger snapping? Seems like a thorwback to stage hypnosis. Anyone want to expand on its purpose. I just find it annoying.
WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby Endo » January 12th, 2015, 11:30 am

I think that most of the random sounds that some authors throw in can be pretty annoying and startling. A subtly starting, well paced sound is much better for me. I think there was one file a while back that had a really good sound, like heels clicking down a hallway, which had some fun implications for me personally. I've put a sort of metronome in my files, and even had it vary in speed in my recent induction, so that it would pace a person's relaxation and breathing somewhat.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » January 28th, 2015, 10:15 am

The snap of fingers is a triggering mechanism. The best triggers are those that both include a spoken word (or sentence), a sound, a touch. These things used either together or singularly create an anchor (in NLP).

But when making a file, the hypnotist should aim at recording soft sounds, that don't startle or wake up the subject. Sure - the sound of the firing of a gun could be a trigger too, but it wouldn't be a particularly good one (in a hypnosis file)!

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques