Does cannabis increase susceptibility?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Does cannabis increase susceptibility?

Postby justinh » February 11th, 2015, 4:14 pm

I read a few research papers recently that posited that certain herbs and chemicals could increase a persons susceptibility and suggestibility, and thereby the overall effectiveness of hypnosis on that individual. One of the most effective ones studied was cannabis.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Personally I found that I went into trance more easily. I am very intellectual and also have ADHD (without hyperactivity) so normally I find it very hard to get past a light level of trance.
justinh

Postby Endo » February 11th, 2015, 9:28 pm

The resounding consensus is YES! However, the resounding consensus is that if you do it often enough, you won't be able to trance effectively without it.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby justinh » February 11th, 2015, 10:16 pm

I had a feeling that it did! With my ADHD, I tried trancing and couldn't. Then I tried with cannabis then BOOM - I went in really deeply.

I'm going to try and use cannabis to trance for now, and while I'm under train myself to be more susceptible and suggestible so that I'll have an easier time getting to trance in the future.

I'm still really new to this and I have only just been able to reach a level 7-8 trance since yesterday.

Does this sound like a feasible plan? Use cannabis in the meantime to train myself to go into trance easier without it?

Thanks for the help Endo!
justinh

Postby JackDrago » February 11th, 2015, 11:13 pm

Not everyone who trances on cannabis becomes dependent. I am a long term medical marijana user and don't always have enough money to stay medicated. I do trance deeper and harder on weed, but usually I can trance well enough without it to keep my hypnotic life in order.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby ProfessorPig » February 12th, 2015, 11:26 pm

I have found that cannabis takes me into a much deeper trance state when i use it. i do not think i could go as far as saying it makes me any more suggestible to a hypnotic file though, just makes the experience more pleasant because i prefer the heaviness of a deep trance. for me that heaviness plays upon the feeling of helplessness that i enjoy in hypnosis. but you can be just as suggestible in a light trance as a heavy one.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby justinh » February 13th, 2015, 4:41 am

I was under the impression that the deeper the trance you were in, the better suggestions could take hold in your subconscious. I'm still new to this, so I'm probably wrong on that.
justinh

Yes!

Postby JockRelaxer » March 26th, 2015, 12:18 am

Weed definitely increases your responsiveness to suggestions in trance.
I remember listening to a youtube video while lightly stoned, and it was not just "deep" but a part of me was lucid enough to realize how deep i was-how connected and deeply controlled i was by the hypnotist as i watched my hand levitate up to the ceiling without understanding the hypnotist's words, but knowing and perceiving it VERY clearly. I was very excited and had to calm myself back down to remain in trance! Afterwards, he lead me deeper into my pup headspace than i've ever gone.

But i do wonder if there is any risk on going this deep. (Sorry to be a debbie downer, but i do take this very seriously). Could abreactions be worse in a stoned state of trance? Could it be too intense for some people?
JockRelaxer

Postby TheTurretCube » March 26th, 2015, 4:20 pm

I think I might try this...just gotta get the weed...
TheTurretCube
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Yes!

Postby JackDrago » March 26th, 2015, 7:52 pm

JockRelaxer wrote:But i do wonder if there is any risk on going this deep. (Sorry to be a debbie downer, but i do take this very seriously). Could abreactions be worse in a stoned state of trance? Could it be too intense for some people?

I have had some pretty wicked abreactions both on and off weed, the off weed ones were worse, since it is kinda hard to freak out while stoned. If you are prone to abreactions, I recommend only doing files that you can review the script for and build good abreaction management skills.

That said, if you have a abreaction, weed afterwards can help calm you down, especially if you are a stoner already.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Indica or sativa?

Postby RockHard98007 » April 1st, 2015, 9:20 pm

Which type of marijuana do you think would give a better trance: Indica (the relaxing and calming type), or Sativa (the uplifting, space, more hallucenogenic type)?
RockHard98007

Re: Indica or sativa?

Postby ProfessorPig » April 2nd, 2015, 3:14 pm

RockHard98007 wrote:Which type of marijuana do you think would give a better trance: Indica (the relaxing and calming type), or Sativa (the uplifting, space, more hallucenogenic type)?

most strains seem to be blends these days, but speaking very generally indica tends to give me really sedated highs, and sativa tends to be much more visually and intellectually stimulating. so for the sort of heaviness that people tend to associate with trance an indica strain would be good. but if you are trying to really visualize something in a trance you may find that a sativa strain is more useful to you. your millage may vary though. i am really interested in hearing other peoples experiences with this.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby psychicslavething » August 19th, 2015, 8:51 am

Try LSD, marijuana, mdma, and rocky hash from morroco :)
psychicslavething
Regular
Regular

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques