Help with audacity

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Help with audacity

Postby Beds_Domme » April 1st, 2015, 8:05 am

I’ve begun recording sections of my scripts I can save them to MP3 apply effects etc. However whenever I use audacity most of the options in the effects menu will suddenly go grey instead of black and become unavailable. Sometimes I can save the file reopen and continue with my work but it’s wasting a lot of time and annoying the hell out of me. Any ideas what’s happening?
Beds_Domme

Postby diode168 » April 1st, 2015, 9:35 pm

I do recall having a similar problem myself many years ago.

Have you made sure to select the part of the file you wish to apply the effect to? Audacity effects have weird rules regarding what needs to be selected and what doesn't.
diode168
Guru
Guru

Postby Beds_Domme » April 2nd, 2015, 5:57 pm

selected yes but there seems to be 2 types of selection a green arrow for the live area and a grey highlighting of selected area. I think both must be applied for things to work. I'm getting there slowly I wish there were better help files on this program.
Beds_Domme

Postby joecomp2000 » August 27th, 2015, 9:09 pm

I have a similar issue and then I realize that in order to edit something it has to be selected and you need to be out of record mode
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques