The Importance of Pre-Release Testing

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

The Importance of Pre-Release Testing

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » August 27th, 2015, 4:46 am

True experience here. It happened yesterday.

I had invited a few guys to listen to a TEST VERSION of a new recording; asking for their feedback. One of the responses - and there were several - made me thunk my palm to forehead... It was so obvious! And yet, I had overlooked it as I scripted. I had overlooked it as I recorded.

Damn! I'm glad for folks who are willing to put on headphones and evaluate what they hear. I'm a better hypnotist for it. And maybe a little humbler, too. Maybe.

MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby TheTurretCube » August 28th, 2015, 5:38 pm

Good to hear! It definitely helps to have a focus group test your work. I've beta tested for a few tists here, been able to give feedback, and it always helps, even if the file is perfect, it's nice to see how it affects people.

Hey, shoot me a PM if you need a tester, I'm moderately experienced with audio files :D
TheTurretCube
Mentor
Mentor

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » August 29th, 2015, 9:22 am

TheTurretCube wrote:Hey, shoot me a PM if you need a tester, I'm moderately experienced with audio files :D

Even though I can't speak for other hypnotists, I'm expressing thanks, TheTurretCube. Both to you and to the folks who test for me... Thank you for beta testing and giving feedback.

For those who are unaware... here's what a tester needs to evaluate:
    - Technical Quality: Is the recording free of noises that distract? Did you hear noises that surprised or that interfered with trance?

- Pronunciation/Articulation: Were you able to understand what was said?

- Hypnotic Technique: Did the hypnotist follow protocols for inducing trance? For giving hypnotic suggestions that are effective?

- Scripting: Did the script have a natural feel to it? Did wording choices feel right? (For example: did the script use the adjective "he" or "she" at some point - and it interfered with trance because it was out-of-step with your sexual orientation?)

- Impression: What part did you especially like? What part was especially effective?

Considering all these factors and then reporting on them takes work! And testers who respond within a couple of days - damn! You're appreciated!
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques