Trancers and their presumed subjects

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Trancers and their presumed subjects

Postby JackDrago » September 7th, 2015, 9:06 am

I was going through the collection of trancers that I have written and I have noticed that they each make certain presumptions about who the subject is. We are all familiar with the specialty files made for certain kinds of difficult subjects (ie. 7+/-2 on Train: Susceptible is designed for a highly analytical subject, or Sarnoga's Adderall Boys, which is for very distractable subjects) the examples go on and on. Progressive relaxation induction works well with low visual and / or inexperienced subjects, EMG basic assumes a relatively inexperienced subject...

Looking at my own stuff, I notice that "Fluffy White Cloud" is written for a very visualization oriented subject, probably someone who is not easy to get deep (since it's a long trancer) and who may be having emotional issues, given that giving up bad feelings is a key to this trance.

"Trust Your Inner Hypnotist" (which you can hear on the binaural version of Slow Cummer, which is also on my soundcloud) on the other hand seems to be written for a more experienced subject : they trance quickly, know their personal signs of trance, and have a specific hypnotic goal in mind that the file may not be quite perfect for. This subject is not necessarily visual or imaginative.

Fellow Hypnotists: what kind of subject do you assume when you write a trancer?
Do you assume an experienced / inexperienced subject?
How easily do you assume they trance?
Are they a strong visualizer? Weak visual but strong on other senses?
Do you assume that there may be distraction or other outside issues?
Do you provide options for special classes of subject?
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby wohermiston » September 7th, 2015, 11:55 am

hi,
interesting subject. I always write a file starting with the opening phrase - welcome back, so it is instantly assumed that the subject will listen multiple times.
I also presume, that it will take many listenings to become comfortable with my style of story telling. Over time then, each session should become more effective. WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Re: Trancers and their presumed subjects

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » September 7th, 2015, 1:51 pm

JackDrago wrote:Fellow Hypnotists: what kind of subject do you assume when you write a trancer?

I agree with WOH... interesting topic.

The medium of mp3 has strengths and weaknesses:
    - Among the weaknesses of the medium is that it's a poor one for personalization of recordings that are publicly released.

- Among the strengths of the medium is the ability to add aural enhancements.

When scripting for an mp3, I ignore specializations like:
    - Is the client experienced / inexperienced with trancing?

- Is the client susceptible to trance and/or trance suggestions?

- What are the client's sensory capabilities?
Those sorts of things I reserve for realtime one-on-one sessions.

To summarize:
For recordings intended for public distribution, I downplay the weakness of the medium by keeping things generalized. And, I exploit the strength of medium by adding music, binaural beats, isochronic tones, and/or secondary voice tracks.

MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Re: Trancers and their presumed subjects

Postby ProfessorPig » September 8th, 2015, 12:07 am

JackDrago wrote:
Fellow Hypnotists: what kind of subject do you assume when you write a trancer?

on warp my mind its hard to say who is going to be listening to your files. on other sites i post to i definitely assume that my listeners are new to hypnosis, and so i make my files accordingly. experienced listeners will know enough about hypnosis to be able to safely trim an induction down to meet their needs, but new listeners are likely to think that hypnosis does not work if the first file they stumble on does not take them into a nice deep trance.

while its true that a personalized approach is most effective it decreases access to hypnosis mostly to those who can afford it. recordings offer a way for pretty much everyone to have the opportunity to experience hypnosis. so the question therefore becomes, "how can we produce recordings to best serve the most number of people?"

I think there is a strong web of interconnections between how people learn in a traditional sense, and what makes hypnosis effective. by studying traditional ways to improve learning i believe you can make any hypnotic learning much more effective.

one part of that is right here where we are now. here in the forums of warp my mind, we are gathered with common interests and desires. we are all students here hoping to learn more about our desires. and just like a classroom, those who seek the help of their peers will often find that their skills are improving. perhaps you have noticed, that as you watch the successes of others here, you can envision these changes happening to you. and because you are able to see how others have overcome challenges to find success with hypnosis, it will reinforce in your mind that you too can overcome these challenges.

in this way the community helps add that personalized touch, that recordings often lack, that can help people really succeed with advancing their hypnotic goals. the community can help share and recommend files and give the emotional support to keep moving forward. and although many of the people here are quite eager to tease and fan the flames of desire, there are some members of the community who will help people out of some hypnotic web they have found themselves entangled in.

although there are many techniques to really make ideas stick, one of the easiest, and most effective techniques in my opinion, is to engage all of the senses. people think of hypnosis as an auditory experience. but words have the power to conjure all sorts of deeply rooted sensations. perhaps you have seen a hypnotist draw your attention to your hands gently resting on your chair, beckoning you to imagine exactly what the texture of that chair feels like. if this technique is used regularly enough, you might even start to link that texture with the very idea of going into trance. its easy to remember times when hypnotists have used visual elements, they will often precede them with the phrase "imagine". this gentle invitation makes it so easy to let your mind drift to whatever memory is suggested.

the two least used senses are taste and smell. if they are mentioned in a hypnosis file, they generally seem to be the central focus of a file. this is a shame in my opinion, because they have the most power to draw vivid and deep set memories and associations. this is somewhat of a double edged sword though, because those powerful associations could be something that people have a negative association with. one example i have of this is from an early induction of mine that has a suggestion about smelling bacon. many people are easily able to recall that rich savory aroma, and some are even able to taste it, just from vividly imagining the smell, and although most people have so many pleasant memories of that smell, conjuring those memories has caused discomfort in a few of my listeners. some feel guilt for the hunger they feel when they smell it, because they themselves identity as pigs from listening to my hypnosis, and have told me that they felt repulsion from the smell because they had been vegan for many years. so it can be quite tough to know exactly how strangers, who you will likely never meet or talk to, will react to your files.

i also think its important to touch on all of the different learning styles. the most effective technique i have found for this is the one i use in my one on one trances. i do a combination of a text based trance on skype, mixed with a simple brainwashing loop. those who do well with audio learning will respond well to the loop, and those who do well with visual learning will respond well to the trance i type out on the screen. and lastly those who do well with kinesthetic learning will respond well when you draw out responses and make sure that they are physically involved with typing, or with triggering themselves with physical triggers you have previously implanted. even simple things like reminding someone of their breathing or the feeling of the texture of their chair can be enough to help a kinesthetic learner succeed.

success does not always come easily. you don't know which learning styles, or physical senses, the subject will respond strongest to. but by using a combination of learning styles and tapping into the senses you can really help your subjects grasp whatever concept you are trying to teach. even if the subject traditionally learns better in one way, hearing it explained in the other ways, or by other people, may provide additional understanding. and all those little pieces of information build up. all the different voices the subject has heard over the years are all merging into a web of shared experiences.

its a commonly held belief that change happens over time. i don't think that is quite accurate. i think change happens instantaneously, and that it just takes time to find those moments of instantaneous change. i am sure you can remember a time in your life, where all those little pieces of information you have learned, just clicked, where everything just came together. i believe that is a true moment of change. and that is what i strive for in hypnosis.
Being a pig is about following your desires. If you would like help following your desires, you may enjoy listening to my work. Its interesting how the most profound changes can occur when you least expect them.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques