Looking for feedback on file mixing.

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Looking for feedback on file mixing.

Postby iked » February 8th, 2016, 11:52 pm

'Ello folks!

I've been slowly learning sound design as a bit of a hobby on the side - not with the intent of developing hypnosis files, more for just making music and whatnot. But, of course, the two tie together a bit. Recently I've tried to take what I've learned from audio mastering classes and put it into a file - more accurately, a script (CycoMelody's Breast Growth Masturbation). Using IVONA TTS and FL Studio 12, I've been fiddling with making a "soundscape" of voices and pads and such that would be both relaxing and somewhat involving, if that's the right word for it.

Basically what I'm asking is, if you have a chance to give feedback on the overall style, mix, and quality of the mix at https://www.warpmymind.com/index.php?gadget=HFiles&action=GetFile&file_id=9356, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Main thoughts that I'd like feedback on - Is it relaxing? Does it feel like the voices are almost enveloping you? Does it feel like it's sinking in?

I'd just like to get some thoughts from other ears - obviously you start doubting things after you listen to it the 70th time during mixing. :p

Many thanks in advance. Cheers!
iked

Re: Looking for feedback on file mixing.

Postby HornyDude » February 9th, 2016, 1:03 pm

I downloaded this file and immediately listened to it.

Relaxing? Oh yes! After a couple of minutes, I was under and have no memory of the contents.

Enveloping? This is really what got me. When the file starts, the volume comes up to reveal the main voice (female tts), delayed repetitions in right and left ears with different time offsets, a music background that seems to fill the entire left-right spectrum, and tucked in between all of these is a 'chorus' of something. About the time I got these sorted out - - I was under and that is the last thing I remember.

I can't comment on how effective the file is. It is not my kink and should be left to those who will listen to it over a period of time.

However, I really like files done in this style with a complex audio mix. Hope we get to benefit some more from your hobby.
HornyDude
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Looking for feedback on file mixing.

Postby iked » February 9th, 2016, 1:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it. :D

Kind of development strategy -
Found that using Fruity Parametric EQ 2 (visual EQ) to separate out each of the voices and various pads in the background, in kind of the same way people "make room" for instruments in a song by say, ducking a large amount of high frequencies for the kick drum, leaving that "sound space" open for other instruments. Doing the same kind of thing with these. Ducking the backing pads with a limiter so that the voices are never overwhelmed, and high passing and low passing voices with eq to 'make room' for backing voices. Then using Fruity Delay Bank to make some interesting panning delays, and using Edison to "blur" a snippet of some of the voices to make a bit of a backing pad. Mastering a bit with Maximus and adding some reverb on some voices.

Again, I appreciate the feedback, helps me out a lot to have another set of ears on the track haha. :D
iked

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques