Tips & Tricks for authors

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Tips & Tricks for authors

Postby Jackstock » April 28th, 2016, 9:40 am

TITLES

-Make the title as short and descriptive as possible. The title should at least describe what it does to some degree

Here's a good title: "Shift any negative feeling NOW" (Perfectly describes the point and what it does)

Here's a bad title: "Good One V.2" (Describes nothing)

DESCRIPTION

The description is one of THE MOST important parts of your files. DO NOT ignore this. There are so many files on the website, and you want it to clearly state whats going on. Otherwise, readers WILL ignore you and choose authors with more in-depth descriptions.
Write an in-depth description for EACH AND EVERY FILE you post

Heres what to include in your description:

Most importantly, the effects. Physically, mentally, and emotionally, what it does.
-the experience. Is it a story? Give us a brief preview of the story, like the way a movie trailer does.
-What do the effects FEEL like?
-Test-to-speech or human voice?
-Include a link to your website (if you have one) and make sure its at the END of your file.
-Make sure EACH FILE has a description that a user could understand the effects without EVER listening to your work or seeing any other files you have made. Imagine that the reader has no idea what you mean and you are to describe it fully to them.
-Avoid including rehashed versions of the same recording with different effects. Just add the effects and use the one you feel works the best. Your intuition will know.
Uploading a bunch of versions will simply confuse some users and make them unsure of what to listen to.

Keep. It. Simple.

Here's a good decription:

-Write in 2nd-person point of view (remember, 1st-person means "I", 2nd-person means "you" and 3rd-person means "He"; "She"; "They"). This will engage the reader. Remember, the reader is already in some form of hypnosis as they are reading anything. Engaged focus is basically hypnosis, and so treat the reader as if they are having this experience as they read.

Just look at GoddessGracie's typical description. It's a bit unnecessarily long and looks like a big block of text (which is not recommended) BUT it has fantastic engagement and makes the reader into trance before they even listen. Along with clearly demonstrating her style with that wonderful language, it becomes some of the best.

Your description DOES NOT need to be this long or in-depth, though!

-Use light HTML to format your description. Make it look more refined and easier to read by using some basic html.

typing <br> will add a nice space for you, giving room for your next sentence or paragraph

adding <b>YOUR TEXT HERE</b> will cause the text to become bold.

Please don't bold your entire description, though. Just highlight important words and sentences.

RECORDING:

-A decent headset will work fine as long as it is good quality. However, any microphone without a separate power connector (it only has a mic connection) will NOT do. The power coming from the mic jack will likely not suffice for the recording quality, and the sound caused by the electricity moving through the jack will seriously impede your sound.

-Likewise, if your headset connects with external power (ie. USB), then make sure the usb power connection is plugged into a WALL OR POWER BAR. This will give you more wattage to make sure it runs smoothly and doesnt sound like a swarm of robot bees are buzzing around your head. Computer USB connections often have too low power to run it properly

-To get better sound, a USB microphone will do. Expect to pay $50-100.

-To clarify USB mic sound even further, connect an SLR microphone (some USB mics have SLR connection as well) to a USB recording interface, then connect that to your computer with a high speed USB cord. Now you have a much more clarified sound with enough gain (loudness).

-you will probably need a mic arm at this point, and a pop filter so you dont blow on the mic.

-Be calm, speak normally, and clearly

-Have a script ready, or a partial script that outlines what youre going to talk about. If you are really familiar on the subject, you may be able to go without a script. for the less experienced, use a script (I will often use a full script for topics I am not used to recording)

SCRIPTING:

-You don't have to follow your script exactly. You may find yourself speaking sort of normally and using it as a basis.

-Make sure most of your suggestions are written in PRESENT TENSE. This does not apply for everyone and all situations, but your tone must be in the RIGHT NOW. it is more difficult to suggest to someone that an effect will occur later, or at some point in the future. The human mind doesn't actually operate on this future basis. It functions here, and now.

Here's the trick you may not have heard yet. Make the user feel the effect NOW, and basically only now, because the effect of feeling things NOW, causes them to feel it LATER because the mind holds on to vibrations and likes to repeat them.Telling someone they will do something later will cause them to forget. The same way they will forget to take out the garbage and read that book they were gonna read later.

-Do not suggest listeners that they will keep coming back to your file (this does not ALWAYS apply though). Instead, make them feel good when they listen to you. They will come back based on their feelings. So suggest that it feels good. Give stories that feel good. Give experiences that feel good.

-Don't forget about emotions. Emotions are most of what makes the effects work, as humans are emotional beings, remembering only things that cause emotions. Learning how the emotional system works is an entirely new guide, though. Don't be afraid to really feel into things.
But every little discovery on the emotional front will skyrocket your success in these kind of niches.

-Relax the listener constantly. This is something you see a ton with good female hypnotists. They are always looker to take you deeper and deeper. Also reassure them that they are doing a great job. These kind of emotional supports ensure that your listener stays happy and engaged. Exactly what you want.

-Again, it is best to use 2nd-person point of view ("you"). Most people use this.
However, 1st-person point of view can be used as well, usually as an AFFIRMATION
Examples:
I am, I can, I will
I am thinking, feeling, imagining, and enjoying my surrender
The reader, in trance, will understand these things as if they are experiencing it themselves.

you can use both in tandem:
"You are thinking, feeling, imagining, and enjoying your surrender.
I am thinking, feeling, imagining, and enjoying my surrender."
As a bonus effect, this can cause confusion in the listener, and the only thing they are left with is "Enjoying surrender" and thats exactly what they feel.

-If you want to go into other views, you can even use 3rd-person point of view.
"She grips the saddle of the horse, feeling the leather form in her hand, giving her support. She feels the ride bouncing up.... and down.
Up.... and down...."
The listener will somewhat feel the experience themselves are you describe it.
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Re: Tips & Tricks for authors

Postby ProfessorPig » April 29th, 2016, 2:22 pm

HTML works in descriptions now? thats an exciting upgrade.
Being a pig is about following your desires. If you would like help following your desires, you may enjoy listening to my work. Its interesting how the most profound changes can occur when you least expect them.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Re: Tips & Tricks for authors

Postby wohermiston » May 7th, 2016, 8:08 pm

Take the time to declick the file. You may be amazed at the amount of lip smacks, tongue clicks etc, that make their way into the file. There are pop filters available, but a little patience with audacity and you can edit them out. Then filter the audio track with a low pass filter set to 5Khz. This will remove more extraneous noise from the voice The smoother the overall fidelity the better the file will be. WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques