Brilliant or Boring?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Brilliant or Boring?

Postby SylviaBlack » August 10th, 2018, 10:09 pm

Probably somewhere in between, but I needed a catchy title...

Anyway, my question involves my latest hypnosis file, "Eyes Wide Shut." You can listen to it here if you're a premium member, or you can play it on my site for free at http://www.patreon.com/themidnightcarnival

Just scroll down the page until you see it.

So the script to the recording was actually years in the making; some rough draft in Google Docs that got some other random script fragment copied and pasted in. Add several years of that, plus the occasional attempt to chuck it all into my rock tumbler and smooth it into something pretty. Instead I ended up with something, like the movie I named it after, that is a bit unusual. I even used a little decorative piano in place of my standard techno music track, just to keep in line with the impromptu jazz feel of the file. Really, if I think hard on it, I'm guessing the genesis of the file was the two out of every three fan letters I receive always mentioning (if not only mentioning) how much they loved my inductions. Ironically, I loathe long inductions. I don't think there's anything wrong with them or the people who like them, but I've been studying intense meditation techniques since I was fourteen, starting with Aleister Crowley as a teacher, so if I want to go into a trance I go into a trance and I'm ready to get on with the show. Which is probably why my inductions have always been so long and intensive: they're the one section of the file I'm not writing for my own enjoyment, so I always feel like a fraud, never knowing if what I am doing is shit or not. Which brings me to this file, which in one sense doesn't have an induction in the traditional manner, but on the other hand, it is intended to function as an induction that runs through the entirety of the recording like a locomotive, carrying the other fetishes as if they were passengers. Now, for reasons already mentioned, I can't tell if its worth a damn (plus I loved "Eyes Wide Shut" so I have shitty taste when it comes to content too), and I'd be much obliged if any of you fine strapping young lads would give it a listen and then give me your take on it. And don't worry, I've been in the business too long to get my feelings hurt any more, so be brutally honest. I may be a girl, but I grew up with a brother six years older than me, so I can take a punch to the shoulder, a nuggy on the head, and all the mean words in and out of the dictionary.

Cheers all,
S. Black
...the mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n...
SylviaBlack
Regular
Regular

Re: Brilliant or Boring?

Postby taintedx » August 13th, 2018, 9:24 pm

It's offensive and dangerous to be using professional techniques with such extreme levels of perverse suggestions. It doesn't belong on this site and neither do you.
taintedx

Postby Jackstock » October 11th, 2018, 3:50 am

Yeah, you're not allowed to use technique x and y. Let's make sure nothing ever works :roll:
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Postby JackDrago » October 12th, 2018, 3:41 pm

Ericsson was famous for scripts that intertwined the induction and suggestion parts, and I think you pulled it off brilliantly here.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby Jackstock » October 14th, 2018, 7:32 am

Ericsson was famous for scripts that intertwined the induction and suggestion parts, and I think you pulled it off brilliantly here.

I actually never do much of an induction unless it's asked for. I blend it all together into one.
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques