Regression induction

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Regression induction

Postby demigraff » August 4th, 2008, 8:26 am

I had this idea a few days ago, and tried to write up a script for it. However, it involves a countdown which will be of different lengths for different subjects.

Should I write and record different versions? Or just let the subject count down at their own pace while I'm describing how each step feels?

If I'm giving the subject time to count down on their own, would going on to the next part, or to the body, too soon be better, or are people likely to wait a little if I give them too much time?

How much time would you estimate for an average subject to do a 20 or 30 step countdown?

Here's a very rough first draft of the idea:
http://www.goddesschrystal.com/metadot/index.pl?iid=2565&isa=Category

All comments and criticism welcome. I'd really like to see other people's input on this (or indeed on any of the others) before we record them.

Thanks
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby Aestrius » August 4th, 2008, 10:56 am

Honestly I do not believe making a subject choose something during the induction is a good idea, from my personal experience, if I have the option of choosing something it breaks the idea of submission for me, so my trance is either non existant or very light, personal experience, I am not a profesional hypnotist by any means, im just adding a little advice.
My physical body is only limited by my imagination.
Aestrius
Regular
Regular

Postby demigraff » August 4th, 2008, 11:56 am

Aestrius wrote:Honestly I do not believe making a subject choose something during the induction is a good idea.

Where am I doing this? I looked over the script again, wondering what word or phrasing you could be talking about, but I can't see any choices or anything. Can you point out the problem in the file?
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby Aestrius » August 4th, 2008, 12:36 pm

You were mentioning making the user choose his countdown time.
Aestrius
Regular
Regular

Postby demigraff » August 5th, 2008, 3:32 am

I said the coundown length is different for each subject. The issue is that with different subjects starting at different numbers, I can't count down myself unless I make a dozen different versions of the file. And if I let the subject count at their own rate, I have no way to know at what point in the script they'll finish.

This being an induction for age regression files, I'm asking the listener to count down from their age. I don't really think that's a choice.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby Aestrius » August 5th, 2008, 10:39 am

demigraff wrote:I said the coundown length is different for each subject. The issue is that with different subjects starting at different numbers, I can't count down myself unless I make a dozen different versions of the file. And if I let the subject count at their own rate, I have no way to know at what point in the script they'll finish.

This being an induction for age regression files, I'm asking the listener to count down from their age. I don't really think that's a choice.

I see I was under the impression that you wanted the subject to choose a number and begincounting down, my bad, mis understanding.
Aestrius
Regular
Regular

Postby Kittyboy » August 5th, 2008, 8:28 pm

Perhaps you could guide the count speed a bit by inserting an age/number at key points. You'd probably still have to make more than one version to be really effective I suppose. You're dealing with a fairly wide potential range, after all.
Kittyboy
Regular
Regular

Postby tecywiz121 » August 5th, 2008, 8:53 pm

You could just record one file, and let the user cut out the part they don't need, with audacity, or similar
tecywiz121
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Kittyboy » August 5th, 2008, 9:36 pm

If made in such a way that it can be cut down, why not just release it in parts, and let the listener assemble it in a playlist. But I don't think it's a matter of more or less material. It sounds like it's simply a timing issue; worrying about too much or too little.
Kittyboy
Regular
Regular

Postby CycoMelody » August 6th, 2008, 9:05 pm

As a hypnotist i have several different inductions. Most are highly visual and pull on the senses to induce a trance. Though I also have used a different form of induction for when I am working as a Domme. I will use the trust and the roll to get the submissive to go into trance. This works best though if the subbie has some trance experience. Just my 2 cents. :D
You define your reality!
CycoMelody
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » August 9th, 2008, 8:41 am

I understand your wish to make an induction, where you count down with the subject until a certain goal has been obtained. However different subjects take different time in getting there. When I hypnotize live people I can test this: I want them to get below level 3 on Arons scale of trance(at 3 amongst other things you are unable to say numbers, and at 4 you can forget numbers), so I tell them to count out - backwards - from 100. And with every number they say, I tell them to relax the numbers more and more out of their mind. So that every number they say makes the remaining numbers fade more and more - so that eventually they won't be able to say any more numbers and then they will forget about the numbers.

Som subjects manage this before reaching 95 - others have to go on to about 70. So it's highly individual!

You might decide on some number - like 20 and then tell them, that even if - at 20 the desired effect is not there yet, it will continue to progress - as you move on in your script.

My 2 cents.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby CycoMelody » August 9th, 2008, 8:26 pm

How about that you are 4 cents richer now :p
You define your reality!
CycoMelody
Guru
Guru

Postby wohermiston » September 1st, 2008, 6:39 pm

Hi,
I read that induction and do not see any problem with it.

"Now you can start counting backwards through the years of your life,.."

seems to me the listener will pick the starting age or time.
however, I wonder if the concept of transition is really neccessary.
if the goal is early childhood, why not just ask the listener to imagine that time or a memory or event of that time. and then move on from there.
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques