Should this file be done? discuss...

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Should this file be done? discuss...

Postby zapnosis » September 1st, 2008, 3:39 pm

I have an idea for a file, a controversial one. It could be done by me or maybe by someone else since my style is a bit sledgehammer :D . Anyway I have noticed that there are more than a few religious people on here who are concerned that hypnofetishism or hypno-BDSM doesn't fit with their religion. I personally have no problem in this area, but I was brought up a Christian and I can understand why some people may feel concerned. So my idea is to create a file, or rather a group of files, that encourages belief in a religion in the most general sense, without getting into the politics of it all.

Let me use Christianity as an example, as I am somewhat familiar with it. You could create a file that would encourage belief in the Trinity of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the works of Jesus Christ as given in the Bible and the overall message of a Heavenly reward for those who have faith. This file could encourage the feeling of being loved by God and also encourage Bible reading and prayer to encourage faith. If it was done well, this file could create a very positive effect while still remaining within the boundaries of what most Christians believe.

I assume that a similar thing could be done for most religions or faiths. The idea would be that by mixing other training with the religious file, that people could find peace with their trancing, or at the very least console themselves that they are not abandoning their faith by trancing. I dunno. As I said this doesn't affect me personally, but I thought it might help... hence the debate.

oh and PLEASE do not use this thread to bash one anothers' views on the nature and existance of God, there is plenty of space elsewhere for that stuff... thank[Y/y]ou
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Kenn » September 1st, 2008, 4:56 pm

Having a file that uses an already established religious belief to help people trance, isn't a bad idea. However, I don't think one that pushes people towards a certain religion is a good idea. Though, this is just my opinion.
Kenn
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » September 1st, 2008, 5:02 pm

I tend to agree, pushing towards one set or another I don't agree with. Also, the file doesn't belong here, this site is more intended for hypnosis of at least a mildly sexual nature. That doesn't qualify. Would be fine on hypno-files.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Should this file be done? discuss...

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » September 1st, 2008, 7:02 pm

zapnosis wrote:I have an idea for a file, a controversial one. It could be done by me or maybe by someone else since my style is a bit sledgehammer :D . Anyway I have noticed that there are more than a few religious people on here who are concerned that hypnofetishism or hypno-BDSM doesn't fit with their religion. I personally have no problem in this area, but I was brought up a Christian and I can understand why some people may feel concerned. So my idea is to create a file, or rather a group of files, that encourages belief in a religion in the most general sense, without getting into the politics of it all.
I'm grinning from ear-to-ear just thinking about the possibilities and contradictions. And that's your clue that I'm not a religious man.

Some tenets are common to many religions - meditation, adoration of a higher power, a feeling of gratitude and thanks. Yes, these might be used to induce and deepen trance.

And after trance is established, then the hypnotist can deliver the payload. It doesn't matter how extreme the suggestions are, as long as they stay within the context of a holy man delivering an important message.

And the 1978 mass suicide in Jonestown is a reminder of the stealthy hunter that gorges itself on the mindless zealots it devours.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby DarkCoffeeTrance » September 20th, 2008, 8:13 pm

No. No no no.
Personal lifestyle and habits, ok, whatever go for it.
But religion you shouldn't touch, especially with Christianity, where it requires a sincere belief in God, made of the own person's free will and volition.
Not saying hypnosis would force them into it, but if they need hypnosis to believe something they wouldn't normally believe, as far as religion goes, I don't count it as sincere.
So i wouldn't mention a specific religion.
DarkCoffeeTrance

Postby whatthe75 » September 21st, 2008, 6:16 am

If the religion was "whatthe75 as god" religion maybe.Send him some money NOW.I would vote for that.
Seriousness is a deadly disease.
Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Isn't there enough trouble

Postby sub4fhyp » November 28th, 2008, 6:02 pm

with the feds trying to bust up cults, even when the "cult" isn't really a cult, but an established religion?

The answer to your question lies in that question.

... and that's as Zen as i'm going to get today, too...

sub4
sub4fhyp

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques