Where can I find out how tom make files?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Where can I find out how tom make files?

Postby CHR » September 2nd, 2008, 5:54 pm

Is there some tutorial or something? should I just listen to as many as I can, analyze them and wing it?
CHR
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » September 3rd, 2008, 12:44 pm

Well - making a file to hypnotize people with is just like hypnotizing them in real life. There are many good scripts out there already made, that you can use as inspiration - or just use as they are. Then just record them in your own voice. The technical quality is very important. There should be no noise in the background, no mistakes in your words. Everything should be as perfect as possible.

If you decide to make your own files, then you might want to study the use of NLP language patterns. They are very effective. Other than that - just go for it! :-)
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby CHR » September 17th, 2008, 2:47 am

Thank you!

Where can I learn that?
CHR
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » September 17th, 2008, 10:49 am

Well, learning NLP can be very expensive and a collossal task on its own. There are classes that teach NLP - you can become a Practitioner or a Master, and these educations are well renowned.

But as a master hypnotist once remarked to me - when I asked him why he didn't use more NLP in his teachings, that he felt that a lot of the NLP that was being taught was built largely on keeping the community alive - to create a "secret language" that only the initiated would be able to comment on. Not that all NLP is a bunch of hot air. Definitely not. I am saving up MY money to go!

But you only need a tad of NLP in your hypnosis to get tremendous results. And out there in fileshare-land there are lots of pdf books that you can download about NLP. There are decks of cards with NLP frases that are perfect to be used in hypnosis - as well as outside! Because with NLP you bypass the filter of the logical part of the brain somewhat. If I tell you: "Imagine it's AS IF your right hand is getting so heavy, that you couldn't possibly lift it", then that is NLP. In order for your brain to imagine what it would be like, it has to do it. It has to make your arm heavier. Or if you say "When you fall into a deep trance...", it presupposes that you WILL go into trance. Or - a phrase that is my all time favourite - it was Richard Bandler, who first made me aware of it - the phrase "your unconscious". It sounds almost like "You're unconscious", so if you use that in a sentence like "While you keep breathing deeper and deeper, your unconscious pause comes forward and takess you deeper". Things like that. Also in the land of filesharing can be found numerous master classes or videos of famous NLP people giving lectures and demonstrations.

The part of NLP that my master hypnotist didn't like were all the technical terms that they seemed to invent where it wasn't absolutely necessary - to sort of make sure that nobody outside the community would understand - if they hadn't paid their fee for one or more classes! :-)

Good luck - and just keep askin'!
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » September 17th, 2008, 6:10 pm

Trance formations - richard bandler.
The patterns of Milton erickson vol 1+2 - richard bandler
Monsters and magical sticks ( theres no such thing as hypnosis ) - stephen heller.

I would recommend these three books as the best NLP language pattern books ( which are out in file share land and should be easy to find).

As a NLP practitioner i couldn't agree more with your comments Cardigan.There is so much about the NLP business that i find to be wrong.There are so many people trying to get on the bandwagon saying they have invented there own techniques etc ( e.g.New code NLP ).It seems to me to be just another money making scheme and not about the actual content anymore. I have studied NLP for many years now and believe that i have only been good enough to start my own practitioner practice in the last year ( which i have ). I still cant beleive that the most popular form of course around the world certifies you as a practitioner/hypnotist/life coach and timeline therapist all in 7 days.I have a friend that did one of these courses and opened her own practice.She is a very bad NLP'er and i cant believe that she was ( thank god she stopped doing it ) a licensed pratitioner with no idea,especially when all the techniques in NLP are so powerful,it is a dangerous thing allowing people to use them without fully understanding them.I have been unfortunate enough to sit in on one of these courses and it was rubbish.The trainer himself seemed to have no idea and was just reading from cue cards.As you mentioned cardigan it was all about fancy words and " Techniques" and not about how and why you would use them and how they work.

There are a few course out there that are run properly and make sure you know the content fully, with very experienced trainers that actually care.But not many.I was lucky enough to be take one of them,but only after a lot of research on my behalf.
Seriousness is a deadly disease.
Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Best way to make a recording

Postby slutinmyhead » September 20th, 2008, 2:52 am

I am interested in making files. I understand enough NLP to be dangerous, have ideas I haven't seen done a million times already and have experience doing live hypnosis sessions. My problem is in the actual recording of files. First, I don't have a recording program that I'm comfortable with. I tried learning Goldwave, which was one somebody here put me onto, but never got past being able to record a first draft. One mess up meant having to completely start over. Sure, there were ways to go back and edit, but none I could reliably discern. My latest attempts have been with a program called D-Speech, which seemed to work great until I went back and listened to the finished product. It's basically a text to speech engine that can save your scripts in mp3 format read by a computer voice. However, I've recently discovered it saves that voice reading extremely fast, regardless of the speed you set it to save at. Still, better than nothing... Is there a tutorial out there for recording hypnosis files? Even better would be one that includes how to use binaurals or special effects like Isabella Valentine's files? Thanks.
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Best way to make a recording

Postby FloridaPuppy » September 20th, 2008, 7:55 am

slutinmyhead wrote:I am interested in making files. I understand enough NLP to be dangerous, have ideas I haven't seen done a million times already and have experience doing live hypnosis sessions. My problem is in the actual recording of files. First, I don't have a recording program that I'm comfortable with. I tried learning Goldwave, which was one somebody here put me onto, but never got past being able to record a first draft. One mess up meant having to completely start over. Sure, there were ways to go back and edit, but none I could reliably discern. My latest attempts have been with a program called D-Speech, which seemed to work great until I went back and listened to the finished product. It's basically a text to speech engine that can save your scripts in mp3 format read by a computer voice. However, I've recently discovered it saves that voice reading extremely fast, regardless of the speed you set it to save at. Still, better than nothing... Is there a tutorial out there for recording hypnosis files? Even better would be one that includes how to use binaurals or special effects like Isabella Valentine's files? Thanks.

Just use audacity. It's free, easy to use, and does lots of stuff if you need it to do something special.
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

downloading audacilty now...

Postby slutinmyhead » September 20th, 2008, 9:12 am

Thanks
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Lunn » September 20th, 2008, 12:46 pm

Other than being a therapist, what/how do you use NLP to earn a living? I mean really, other than being a therapist, and this kink ~evil grin~ how could you use NLP to pay back the cost of the courses?

Just curious cause I don't know a lot about NLP past what is in Tony Robbins books.

Lunn
Lunn
Regular
Regular

nlp jobs

Postby slutinmyhead » September 20th, 2008, 5:58 pm

A lot of sales people like it. And I'm sure politicians or any public speaker, for that matter, can use a nlp coach. Advertisers, preachers, con artists... I'm a psych nurse and use it all the time (except we call it cognitive therapy).
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Postby MacGyver » November 26th, 2008, 11:57 pm

well, for me, even if i could find someone with a good voice to record the file, i dont think i could have any success at making one, specially if i use the same induction as when i was 12 or 13 and used to do it to my friends. i would do things like leave their arms extended when i woke them up and they could not move their arms until someone else oput their arms down for them. but for my induction, the person would have to be looking at me for one, 2, since my voice changed, i am told my voice is extremely annoying. i can change my voice several levels but do not feel comfortable using any voice other than i have been since it changed during puberty.

the thing that first got me interested in hypnosis was a book i had read, did not go all the way through it but, memorised how to put someone under, give them suggestions that would work, and make them act upon what i said yet they would not remember me saying it, they would just do as i said. and when they awoke, they were relaxed, and felt as if they had gotten a full night's sleep.

there is alot of difference between 13 yrs old and 32, and now i am not sure i would even be able to put anyone under hypnosis with the induction i used to use.

maybe i should record some stuff to my computer in different soundin voices, and maybe alter my induction style a bit, and who knows, maybe one day i git lucky and be able to put people under again.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

inductions

Postby slutinmyhead » November 30th, 2008, 7:07 pm

Inductions are easy, just boring. You can learn to do them easily by listening to a few from this site. You don't really need to memorize anything. Honestly, you can pretty much just ramble about anything. It's giving your subject some time to settle into it. You're not exactly telling them anything important. I can usually put someone under in a couple of minutes without a whole long spiel. Tone of voice goes a looong way. That said, I hate most inductions. I hate giving them and I usually skip ahead with mp3s to avoid listening to them. I'm so comfortable slipping in and out of hypnosis by now, they're really no longer necessary.
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Postby MacGyver » December 8th, 2008, 8:18 pm

i tried doin an induction in the voice i normally talk in, when played back, ooh, my voice would be hard as hell for anyone to follow. as for the induction i used to use, i would have to change that a bit as the subject is told to stare into my eyes. but as for my voice, think i am gonna try a couple times in lower tones than i normally use, then try a few in higher tones as i can change my voice just enough that either i sound like a 500 pound bouncer at a nude bar or i can get my voice high enough to sound feminine or atleast very close to being feminine.

if i can manage to put a simple induction together and get a good recording on my computer, i may look for guinea pigs to let me know which number they do better with as that is how i am gonna know how to manipulate my voice.

now, i have audacity, got to see if i can open and run it, and was wanderin if it has the background noises or would i hafta get them from some place to help put subjects under?
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby uglymonkey » January 4th, 2009, 1:02 pm

MacGyver wrote: but as for my voice, think i am gonna try a couple times in lower tones than i normally use, then try a few in higher tones as i can change my voice just enough that either i sound like a 500 pound bouncer at a nude bar or i can get my voice high enough to sound feminine or atleast very close to being feminine.

If your already using audacity to record, then you cold always use the pitch changing options to get your voice sounding however you like
uglymonkey

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques