Removing social inhibitions, aka social anxiety

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Removing social inhibitions, aka social anxiety

Postby ellisd » September 19th, 2008, 12:07 pm

Would be nice to have a file to help with social anxiety because i believe roughly 10% of ppl out there have this disorder, its all thought patterns so a hypnosis file would be great in fixing this etc, removing self conciousness, focusing on other person rather than yourself, fear of rejection all that.
ellisd

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » September 19th, 2008, 2:37 pm

Thanks for suggesting it, ellisd.

You've asked about something that's important... important to you and important to others.

This answer might seem disappointing or it might seem exciting. And that's a strange thing to say, isn't it?

When someone goes shopping for shoes at the grocery store, they're probably going to be disappointed. But it's a learning kind of disappointment. And when they learn where to find the shoes they want and need, the satisfaction is real.

As opinion, I believe the type of hypnosis suggested in your posting is 'therapeutic'. That's different from the type of hypnosis here on WarpMyMind. This website focuses on 'recreational' hypnosis.

Please consider finding a certified hypnotherapist. It may cost a little, but you're worth it.

Even better - a hypnotherapist is someone who can help you improve the quality of your trances. You know that would be satisfying - and maybe a little exciting.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Re: Removing social inhibitions, aka social anxiety

Postby jaxman » September 19th, 2008, 7:30 pm

ellisd wrote:Would be nice to have a file to help with social anxiety because i believe roughly 10% of ppl out there have this disorder, its all thought patterns so a hypnosis file would be great in fixing this etc, removing self conciousness, focusing on other person rather than yourself, fear of rejection all that.

I too suffer from social anxiety, I'd be interested in hearing the specifics of what the file should do, you seem to have a better grip on what causes the anxiety than I do.

For example at work I'm the life of the party so to speak. At my local grocery store I'm comfortable (all the cashiers know me). But when I go someplace new (even with people I know) I get very uncomfortable and tense, sort of a panic attack. For me it's more the setting than anything else...
jaxman

Postby adriana » September 20th, 2008, 4:01 am

Working with a professional hypnotherapist is something I have tried recently for the same problem with definite, if not dramatic improvements. But a cheaper option are the various hypnosis CDs around. You could look on Amazon under self help for example. Or just Google what you are looking for and sites where you can download therapetic hypnosis MP3s should come up (although not for free). Also try Hypno-Files.com , there is an EMG file called TrainNotShy (I think) on there.
adriana
Regular
Regular

Postby FloridaPuppy » September 20th, 2008, 7:58 am

You might try the hypno-files.com link at the top left, it's more of a thing that would be found there.
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques