News Article on Doodling for concentration...

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

News Article on Doodling for concentration...

Postby Ladon » February 28th, 2009, 9:57 am

[url]http://health.yahoo.com/news/healthday/takenotedoodlingcanhelpmemory.html[/url]

The article says, in effect, that if you are performing a listening task, doodling may increase retention of certain material. That's what I got out of it anyway. I wonder if this isn't applicable here. I think what is happening is a form of hypnosis, you're distracting your kinesthetic and visual processes by doodling, allowing your auditory system to pick up things more readily. Any thoughts?
Ladon
Mentor
Mentor

Re: News Article on Doodling for concentration...

Postby EMG » February 28th, 2009, 10:32 am

personally, I believe that it would probably work VERY well for some people, others would find the activity of doodling too distracting and would never achieve trance with it. Still, could be a very fun induction.

Ladon wrote:http://health.yahoo.com/news/healthday/takenotedoodlingcanhelpmemory.html

The article says, in effect, that if you are performing a listening task, doodling may increase retention of certain material. That's what I got out of it anyway. I wonder if this isn't applicable here. I think what is happening is a form of hypnosis, you're distracting your kinesthetic and visual processes by doodling, allowing your auditory system to pick up things more readily. Any thoughts?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cardigan » February 28th, 2009, 4:39 pm

I have an induction that i save for personal clients - called the blackboard induction. I didn't invent it myself - but it's very effective for analytical minds. It has the subject visualizing a blackboard and having them occupy their conscious mind with writing all the letters of the alphabet one by one. First they write the letter A - and erase it. Then the letter B - and erase it. And so on. And while they occupy their conscious mind totally with this, I talk to their unconscious mind - and bring them into trance.

It works exceptionally well! :-)

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Ladon » March 1st, 2009, 9:55 am

I was intrigued by the article for that reason. I listen to a few files on a regular basis, but I haven't seen what I feel to be definitive evidence that its working. I tend to be very observant, I retain a good portion of what I actively listen to or read, and very analytical. I'll usually get very relaxed during a listening session, but I don't have trouble relaxing anyway. I've noticed that many of the recordings say something like 'trance is just a state of relaxation' which its really not. Its a state of focus, sure, but you don't have to be relaxed, and every time I hear that, it bugs me. I'll notice when the voice misspeaks, or turns a page, or breathes.

I've tried listening while counting backward from 3000 by threes, I've listened while working on something else, I've listened while relaxing, and while sleeping. Its distracting when I'm listening to a file while working, letting my mind work on the problem at hand and letting the recording sink in, when suddenly it suggests to relax or close my eyes. I can't, I'm working. :p I know, I can edit the files, but I haven't yet.

I might have to try doodling.
Ladon
Mentor
Mentor

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques