General questions on usage rights.

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

General questions on usage rights.

Postby User517 » March 13th, 2009, 3:56 am

I'm sure some of this is pretty obvious, but thought I'd ask anyway. Basically, I wanted to what sort of steps need to be taken for releasing a project that makes use of combining and altering existing files so that 4 or 5 suggestion tracks can be hidden beneath an audio music track.

The music files used are open source, and can be used as long as credit is given, but the hypnosis tracks are a bit unclear since there are already a few cases where tracks have been altered or remixed by others.

The purpose of all this is because the have been some requests for hypnosis set behind music, and I'm not personally experienced or skilled enough to make my own tracks. Any bit of clarification would be appreciated, worst case, I just don't do it.

I'd also like to know if there was anything about the process of hiding suggestion/brainwashing behind music that I should know about before trying this. Is it better to use a single track that is just barely audible, or to use several tracks played in either the left or right channel, intermixed for a more "something has to stick" approach?
User517
Regular
Regular

Re: General questions on usage rights.

Postby EMG » March 13th, 2009, 7:16 am

The site itself allows you to freely post modified versions of other people's recordings so long as you give credit where credit is due.

It is generally good form to ask the author of a file before modifying their work and re-posting it.

In the case of any of my files, feel free to modify them in whatever way you please(so long as you give me credit when you post them.

As for your final question, I will let a few of our more knowledgable users answer that.

User517 wrote:I'm sure some of this is pretty obvious, but thought I'd ask anyway. Basically, I wanted to what sort of steps need to be taken for releasing a project that makes use of combining and altering existing files so that 4 or 5 suggestion tracks can be hidden beneath an audio music track.

The music files used are open source, and can be used as long as credit is given, but the hypnosis tracks are a bit unclear since there are already a few cases where tracks have been altered or remixed by others.

The purpose of all this is because the have been some requests for hypnosis set behind music, and I'm not personally experienced or skilled enough to make my own tracks. Any bit of clarification would be appreciated, worst case, I just don't do it.

I'd also like to know if there was anything about the process of hiding suggestion/brainwashing behind music that I should know about before trying this. Is it better to use a single track that is just barely audible, or to use several tracks played in either the left or right channel, intermixed for a more "something has to stick" approach?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hypnosis for Fun and Profit

Postby Calimore » March 14th, 2009, 4:17 pm

I first started modding files here for my own personal use and found, in time, that my files were sounding as good or better than others posted to the board, so I decided to share. I had really begun to enjoy hypnosis by the time I was posting my files and hoped that sharing them would be a way to give back to our community.

Since then, I have really come to appreciate what we have here at WarpMyMind. The open, creative environment EMG has provided has allowed many talented people to share some really fun and interesting files that we may otherwise have never even heard of.

That said, taking another file and modding it for use outside of this arena probably constitutes a violation of usage rights - especially if used for profit. As EMG said, you're best bet is to try to contact the author(s) of the files you want to use and get permission for their use. This would be especially true if you want to share your files on another website, with friends, or in association with any business or practice.

Otherwise, I have found that most people here feel as I do that "Imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery". When I post a file based on another file I always try to credit the author and even say what I liked about their file in my descriptions. I have posted a couple of my own original works as free files to the site, which anyone can use in any way that they choose, as far as I'm concerned. Pay files are, however, a different matter.

I have gotten requests from people to modify pay files personally for them. It's a practice I wish to avoid as one is never sure of the true origin of a file and I don't like handling other people's 'hot goods', even if they aren't tangible. Perhaps I should start charging for the service?

In any case, I haven't found any good 'manuals' on making subliminals. I make them and feel that mine are effective. I am also beginning to play with 'whisper tracks', which aren't really subliminals and can be terribly effective if used correctly.

My favorite method of encoding subliminals is through vocoding. I don't know if Audacity has that feature, but Adobe Audition does. Normalize both tracks volumes to 70-75%, then vocode, setting the level of that effect to 15% or so and your subliminal track should be nearly indiscernible in music. You may have to adjust it up or down a bit, though, depending on the musical piece.

To learn more about subliminals, try googling the subject and checking out the sites of companies that make and sell them commercially. These companies will naturally want you to understand a bit about how their products are made and a couple even give you some rather detailed specifics. I did this a few months back and it gave me a lot of insight as to what I could do and how I might go about doing it.

Hope that helps!
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques