Questions for the Subjects

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Questions for the Subjects

Postby Nymphaea » March 20th, 2009, 6:09 am

Im curious as to what a majority of you like in your hypnosis files, as I plan to start out and want to try getting myself a technique. So for reference, I want to hear people say their 2 or 3 favourite files, and why. What parts they liked, what they didnt.

A major thing I would like to hear about, is induction. What works best, and what doesnt work almost at all. In my personal experimentation, I find files with multiple audio tracks running at once work well to get into someone, as even if they focus on one of the many tracks, the others are still passively heard. I also find some form of visualization and maybe counting on the hypnotists side very effective in improving effect. It would be interesting to hear how others feel about these as they are things I will most likely be using.

If you need example of that idea, 'Kitten Loop' by Apple, or any of Smotp's DEV files have examples of it.

Anything else you have to say, please say it, as I am looking for good tips to get started. Thanks for your time :)
Nymphaea
Regular
Regular

Postby Jeshi » March 25th, 2009, 10:35 pm

When it comes to counting, I find just regular counting works better then the ole' "You're walking down some stairs" trick, because then I fumble over how many steps are on the stairs and where the stairs are and whats at the top and is there a railing and I end up coming out of trance.

However, visualizing "Drifting on on a lake" or "That you're in a nice hammock in the spring" is always something relaxing to imagine.

I find that when I file says it's the only file or that only that hypnotist will work that I repel it since I'm not committing to 1 hypnotist that I only know over the internet.

And usually when it comes to wakening I sometimes don't entirely wake up if the hypnotist doesn't make the wakening really noticeable when it's done.

"When I count to 5 you will wake up" and then when you reach 5 snap your fingers or say it extra loudly, if it's still soft sometimes I come out of trance but I'm not entirely awake and I just fall asleep, which is bad if I'm listening to a playlist.

And with suggestions, being indirect can work well, but only if you make it clear at SOME point what you're suggesting, rather then hope a brain at half-capacity can piece it together.

If the suggestions was to clap whenever I heard a phone ring, something indirect like "Find that, when you hear a ringing, a ringing you hear often times, that you might associate it with clapping, clapping, ringing" but then never actually state to clap when the phone rings then I sometimes miss the suggestion, but if you do ""Find that, when you hear a ringing, a ringing you hear often times, that you might associate it with clapping, clapping, ringing, you may find that whenever you hear the phone ring you'll clap"

This is all based on being a subject though so when it comes to being a hypnotist I don't really know anything.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques