Download

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Download

Postby poe1000 » July 18th, 2009, 1:08 pm

How do I download ? I have a link and can listen but how do I save it so I can play it on my mp3 player ?
poe1000

Re: Download

Postby davelowe1977 » July 18th, 2009, 4:18 pm

poe1000 wrote:How do I download ? I have a link and can listen but how do I save it so I can play it on my mp3 player ?

This question must have been asked many times before. Right click 'save file as' and download to your hard drive. Then using whatever software you have with your well described mp3, transfer the file across and enjoy.

If you want a more detailed answer, be more specific.
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby poe1000 » July 18th, 2009, 8:42 pm

thanks but it doesn't have a downlaod - only a link. when I cut and paste the link address and play using http// it only plays, when I right click it doesn't let me save it anywhere. Any thougts?l
poe1000

Postby EMG » July 18th, 2009, 9:01 pm

Just click on the name of the file instead of the link. Clicking on the link is a way to link to the file from other websites.

poe1000 wrote:thanks but it doesn't have a downlaod - only a link. when I cut and paste the link address and play using http// it only plays, when I right click it doesn't let me save it anywhere. Any thougts?l
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dharden » July 18th, 2009, 9:48 pm

It sounds as though your browser is set to automatically open mp3 files. You need to make sure that it isn't.

If you're using anything other than Internet Explorer, that'll be controlled by some part of the browser's options or preferences dialog. What that part will be called, and where it will be, will depend on the browser.

If you're using IE, you'll need to go into Windows "File Types" settings, look for the mp3 file extension, and make sure the box labeled "Confirm open after download" (or something similar to that) is checked. In XP, open the Control Panel and click on Folder Options. One of the tabs will be labeled File Types. When you find the mp3 extension, you'll need to click the "Advanced" button in order to get to the checkbox. If you have Vista, I have no idea of what you'd need to do.
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby poe1000 » July 19th, 2009, 8:54 pm

EMG wrote:Just click on the name of the file instead of the link. Clicking on the link is a way to link to the file from other websites.

poe1000 wrote:thanks but it doesn't have a downlaod - only a link. when I cut and paste the link address and play using http// it only plays, when I right click it doesn't let me save it anywhere. Any thougts?l

Thanks that worked.
poe1000

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques