Self Hypnosis Recordings

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Self Hypnosis Recordings

Postby Massropes » September 3rd, 2009, 4:40 pm

Can you script and record a file for use on yourself?
Massropes

Postby whatthe75 » September 3rd, 2009, 4:55 pm

Definately yes.I have been doing it for years with some great results.If there is one voice your mind can trust it is your own.Go for it.
Seriousness is a deadly disease.
Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » September 3rd, 2009, 4:56 pm

Definately yes.I have been doing it for years with some great results.If there is one voice your mind can trust it is your own.Go for it.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Massropes » September 3rd, 2009, 6:01 pm

Thanks, whatthe75. Gotta do some reading, but I think what I want may be a bit too specific to find from someone else.
Massropes

Postby zapnosis » September 3rd, 2009, 6:15 pm

Just to back up Whatthe75, yes it is possible, though personally I found it too freaky listening to my own voice. However you can raise/lower the pitch of your voice [which makes it sound quite different] or use TTS software on a script, if necessary.
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Massropes » September 3rd, 2009, 6:18 pm

Really? I would think TTS wouldn't have the right tone and rhythm to work.
Massropes

Postby 0turner0 » September 3rd, 2009, 9:36 pm

It's not too bad - but in my experience not as powerful as a real voice, which of course is not as powerful as a real person.
0turner0
Regular
Regular

Postby Jeshi » September 3rd, 2009, 11:46 pm

I would never be able to listen to my own voice, for reasons besides it being freaky, I'd keep criticizing everything I did wrong.

And TTS software can work if it's the right voice.

Even though I can never get it to work properly no matter what computer I use, I've still heard files and videos that use TTS voices which almost sound like they're meant for hypnosis.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby zapnosis » September 4th, 2009, 1:58 am

There are always problems with TTS software, but yes it is possible to trance to a TTS voice. However you really need to try out a number of different options on the software/ voice to get it right. Plus you have to adapt the script for the way the program works, or it'll sound like a bad weather presenter.
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby whatthe75 » September 4th, 2009, 6:32 am

I must admit it takes a few lessons to be able to get used to hypnotising yourself but it goes quite quickly once your used to it.

Jeshi wrote:I would never be able to listen to my own voice, for reasons besides it being freaky, I'd keep criticizing everything I did wrong.

This is what makes it more effective because your concious mind is thinking on what your saying and critisizing it,it allows easy acces to your unconcious mind to what is being said.

It also means you can find exactly how you like the induction and suggestions to run.tone of voice,wording,speed etc.After a while you know exactly how to put yourself into trance in a very quick and effective way.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Jeshi » September 5th, 2009, 11:01 pm

whatthe75 wrote:I must admit it takes a few lessons to be able to get used to hypnotising yourself but it goes quite quickly once your used to it.

Jeshi wrote:I would never be able to listen to my own voice, for reasons besides it being freaky, I'd keep criticizing everything I did wrong.

This is what makes it more effective because your concious mind is thinking on what your saying and critisizing it,it allows easy acces to your unconcious mind to what is being said.

It also means you can find exactly how you like the induction and suggestions to run.tone of voice,wording,speed etc.After a while you know exactly how to put yourself into trance in a very quick and effective way.

But I wouldn't be able to relax properly if I did that.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques