Voice Modulation

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Voice Modulation

Postby justplainbeth » January 30th, 2010, 10:48 am

Several of the files that really work well for me have a track mod that alters the speaker's pattern to allow it to flow into the beats better.... I think.... I can do some editing of this to allow my voice to sync up with the time, bpm and key and I can even change my gender which I think sounds similar to what I hear, but not quite.

Are voice generators being used or is this time signature modulation that I can achieve as well?

Any help or ideas would be great, fyi, I'm running Garage Band on my Mac. :)

Beth
justplainbeth

Postby FloridaPuppy » January 30th, 2010, 11:10 pm

you are likely to get a better answer if you include an example of the "some files" ;)
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Postby zapnosis » February 1st, 2010, 5:12 pm

Hi justplainbeth, I have little idea what others do in this area, but I can tell you what I do. I use a text-to-speech (TTS) freeware program, SmartRead, to convert a script into an mp3 file. While TTS has its share of problems, and often I have to edit my script because of these, it is at least consistent and I can change the speed of the reading to suit the rest of the file. Once in Audacity, I load the voice track 2 or 3 times and alter the pitch of 1 or 2 of them slightly to create a very rough chorus effect. Sometimes I also split them left and right to improve the illusion of multiple voices.

I know some people think that TTS is a load of crap, but I say that the recording technique has to suit the file. TTS is crap for gentle relaxation, but for brainwashing it is perfect because it is unrelenting, unwavering and mechanical. Also, just like voice recording, it can be done well or less well and I don't have to worry about microphone quality, coughing, passing ambulances or my slight speech impediment ruining a couple of hours of good work! Sorry, I do tend to rant a little about this, if only in my head, but I would always say that a good TTS file is better than a bad voice file. Hope this helps some...
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby justplainbeth » February 2nd, 2010, 11:10 am

All right, Zap, I think I have found a new friend here.... And thank you so much! Your recording works for the needs I have and I seem to prefer it over actual audio. :) I know I can play around in Garage Band with adding in tracks and I like your chorus effect. I have been using Lutz' Bubble induction for a while and I like it a lot but I'd like to tweak it a bit also just to reinforce the brainwashing I have going on. I can't stomach thinking that I'd need to record all my own audio for this. Thanks again and again.

Beth
justplainbeth

Postby justplainbeth » February 2nd, 2010, 11:39 am

Yes, Florida Puppy, you are right... Ok, Zapnosis has great TTS files, as I have just found out! I now know what he does and his file works, I had thought that it was a natural voice that was tweaked out but his recommendation has lead me to find a lot of voices that agree with my ear.

I'll post the first file when I'm done. Should be soon, I hope! I have the ambient sounds down pat, binaural, waves, sounds, music... Now that I know this it should be pretty quick. Now to research the fluidity of triggers.... New Forum!
justplainbeth

Postby zapnosis » February 3rd, 2010, 3:27 am

No probs, Beth. I look forward to seeing what you come up with! :D
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques