syncing binaurals to a hypnofile (help and get paid!)

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

syncing binaurals to a hypnofile (help and get paid!)

Postby ranmafan » February 7th, 2010, 2:41 pm

I am having a little bit of trouble with syncing binaurals to my hypnofile. See i got a hypnofile and i got two binaurals. Try as i may im having difficulty attaching the binaurals on the right frequency as the file. its either too loud or too soft. i dont know much about these things. I know there are plenty out there that are pretty good at putting binaurals in the right frequency with the file. so if someone wanted to attach both the binaurals to the file. One file with one binaural. then the same file with the other binaural, I would be willing to pay for the help.
ranmafan
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sarnoga » February 7th, 2010, 7:45 pm

Ranmafan,

What program are you using in your attempt to accomplish your task.

I have had some success using Audacity. It is a free program. Unless your problem is more complicated that you are making it sound I would think that a few hours of experimenting with Audacity and you should have things working the way you want.

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby ranmafan » February 7th, 2010, 9:32 pm

well yes i have audacity but im still fairly new at it tho :S
ranmafan
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sarnoga » February 8th, 2010, 10:00 am

Try this.

Import the two or more tracks that you want together into the same project window. Each track will have two slider bars to the left. One is for balance right and left and the other is for volume.

On the top left corner of the window will be six options for selecting the function of your cursor. The default selection is the one on the top left that looks like a big upper case I. That one just selects a specific location in the project. The one in the center of the bottom row that looks like two arrows pointing out right and left connected by a line allows you to move the timing of one track relative to others in the same project by sliding it back and forth in the window.

Adjust the relative timing of the tracks until it suits you.

Adjust the relative volume of the tracks until it suits you.

If you desire to make a volume adjustment that is in smaller incriments or more precice you can select the portion of the track or tracks that you want to adjust and then adjust the volume of that portion with the AMPLIFY selection on the EFFECT button drop down menu. AMPLIFY lets you adjust the volume both up and down.

The EFFECTS button has a drop down menu with many more effects you can choose from if you desire to make further adjustments to your file. Don't be afraid to experiment. There is an undo button. Just keep in mind that some of the effects take a bit of time so be patient. Save often so you don't lose your work.

Finally, make sure the overall volume of everything is neither too low nor too high.

Once you have things as you want them you are almost finished.

Go to the EDIT button drop down. Choose SELECT, Choose ALL

That should select your entire project.

Go to the PROJECT button drop down and click on QUICK MIX. Pressing on QUICK MIX will mix everything down to one track in the reletive proportions it is in at the time.

You might want to save the project from time to time as you are working on it in case the program crashes which it does occasionally.

Once it is mixed you are ready to save again and export it into the format of your choosing.

If you want to export in MP3 format you must first install a LAME file if you have not already. It is available free to download.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't I am completely out of suggestions unless you can give a much more detailed description of what you are trying to do and the problem you are encountering.

One last tip for Audacity.

While I would save all my Audacity files if I could, they take up huge amounts of space. Unless you move them off your HD to some other type of storage or delete them they will quickly fill up your HD.

Oh, and once you close audacity it is too late to use the undo feature to undo any changes you have made. So if you want to be able to go back to a different place in your adjustments you should "Save As" with a different name. Unfortunately this often takes quite sometime and Audacity will temporarily stop responding while it is working.

Keep in mind that the longer the files the slower it works. The delays are most noticeable in larger files. If the files are only 5 or 10 minutes long it all seems to go pretty quickly.

Happy Editing,

Sarnoga.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques