How clean does the body need to be?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

How clean does the body need to be?

Postby Madeira » February 25th, 2010, 4:01 pm

I've recorded the body of my file and there are a few little noises, and a few little verbal stumbles, but it's a 40 minute file and I'm not a talented enough editor to fix them, they don't effect the suggestions, but I was wondering if they'll lessen the effect?
Madeira
Regular
Regular

Postby HypnotizeMike » February 26th, 2010, 12:43 am

Have you tried the file yourself?

What is the file designed to do? Even if I try to find a quiet place, I can sometimes hear the wind blowing outside or the furnace kick in. These are all common noises. Unless the stray noises on your file are something out of the normal like breaking glass that might cause someone to think there was someone else in the house, I wouldn't expect it to cause a lot of problems.

The same is likely true for any verbal stumbles. They happen... But, it depends on how bad it really is.
HypnotizeMike
Regular
Regular

Postby DKaiser » February 26th, 2010, 3:52 am

Different people have their own ways of doing it, but the way I handle stumbles like that is to just stop whenever I do that, pause for a bit, then go back and read the line again. No need to stop recording, just listen to it afterwords, and when you find a spot with a long pause, you know that's somewhere you need to cut out a bad line.

As for noises, just try to minimize them. Find out where in your house has the least noise, turn off the heater/AC while you're recording, and so on.

Still, if there are some noises, it shouldn't matter too much. Only if it's something jarring would you be brought out of trance.
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jacoburline » April 18th, 2010, 10:47 pm

Is it the Hair Metal Dude file you're talking about? I tried that file out myself and had no problems, if it was.

In either case, a few sounds and vocal stumbles aren't something to worry about unless, as DKaiser said, they're particularly jarring.

By the way, you've got a great voice for hypnosis.
Jacoburline
Regular
Regular

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques