A different approach

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

A different approach

Postby synthk » April 25th, 2010, 5:26 pm

I was wondering if the following was possible to accomplish:
i was wondering if you could use just a plain Binaural beat and have that played through stereo headphones and have a person read a script thats more or less in first person to accomplish a trance and do hypnotic work on oneself?
synthk

Postby malroth » April 25th, 2010, 11:27 pm

Its certianly possible, however it will work much better if the reding voice sounds similar and uses similar language to the listener. as such is best tailored to an indivual subject than as a general use file.
malroth

Postby synthk » April 26th, 2010, 5:03 pm

Well the idea i have with this is that your when you read you basically hear yourself in your head, and have less things to distract the mind since your doing something you become more focused on it, at least that my thoughts on it
synthk

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » April 26th, 2010, 5:37 pm

I like the way you think, synthk. It's creative and fun.

For the most part, I would discourage a habit of reading while listening to binaural beats (Alpha, Theta or Delta ranges). I discourage it because of a low-level "entrainment" risk.

It's theoretically possible that the habit of reading while listening to a binaural beat mp3 that's in the 'relaxation' ranges might embed an unintended trance trigger.

As an alternative, one could safely read a script and immediately afterward switch-on a binaural beat (relaxation) recording, close the eyes, and meditate on what was just read.

On the other hand, listening to binaural beats within the Gamma or Beta ranges (alertness) while reading might be an interesting way to study.

Thanks again for a fun question. I hope you'll experiment and even post journal entries that let others know what you discover.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby HypnotizeMike » April 26th, 2010, 8:49 pm

I have heard that you can talk yourself through a self hypnosis session. But, I think it is supposed to be done with your eyes closed. If you know what you want to accomplish with the self hypnosis, you should be able to "wing it" and make it up as you go.

If you are into a furry transformation, describe how you look with fur, pointed ears, and a tail. If it is a baby/diapers, describe that.

It is only time... If it works, it was worth the time, if not, you need to practice more or try something else until you find something that does work.
HypnotizeMike
Regular
Regular

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques