Best voice synthesis for hypnosis?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Best voice synthesis for hypnosis?

Postby nimaid » June 3rd, 2010, 5:29 pm

I made a script (I will post it soon) and I want to make it into a file, but I have a terrible voice for hypnosis. (but I'm happy with it) Any good speech synthesis software for hypnosis? Thanks!

P.S. Free would be preferable, but I don't mind spending some money, so long as it's not like 100 dollars 8O .
nimaid

Postby zapnosis » June 3rd, 2010, 7:21 pm

For my files I used SmartRead (freeware from download.com) and the voices of Microsoft Mary and Mike (free). The result was adequate, but I did have to edit the file to match the voice somewhat. I too would like to find something better at a reasonable price. However, if you're looking for gentle or sensual relaxation then the human voice has definite advantages. Perhaps someone might record the file for you, once you have uploaded the script?
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Realm » June 3rd, 2010, 10:20 pm

The best synthesized voices I have come across so far are the ones from AT&T. The results are still very far from that of a human voice.

[url]http://sites.fastspring.com/nextup/product/nvalone?store=parameters[/url]

The advantages are that you don't need an expensive sound-card or audio-interface for sound quality or even a microphone, so it may end up being cheaper in some ways.
Realm
Regular
Regular

Postby greasegun » June 6th, 2010, 11:46 am

I agree on the AT&T voices. The other relatively inexpensive voices are Cepstral voices. I use Dave on my computer and the are available for many platforms. cepstral.com
greasegun

Thank you all.

Postby nimaid » June 11th, 2010, 12:01 am

Thanks all! I will most likely get the at&t ones. :D
nimaid

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques