Adding binaurals in Audacity

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Adding binaurals in Audacity

Postby slutinmyhead » July 30th, 2010, 7:28 pm

I would love to add better binaurals to my files, but just haven't figured them out. Currently, when I do add them, I do it by adding the 12hz and 5hz tracks available for download from this site. I run about two minutes of the 12hz at the beginning and end, with the 5hz file playing continuously in the middle. This is obviously a low-tech work around.

What I'd like to do is make my voice itself binaural or add binaural beats like a metronome (since adjusting beats per minute also affects trance states). I've read in the posts here you can do something with audacity called tremolo. I've highlighted my selection, selected tremolo from the menu, went with the defaults and noticed nothing.

Can anyone provide for-dummy instructions or maybe email me a track I can use to cut and paste that sounds more pleasant to listen to than those I currently employ?

All I want is to be really super effective at warping minds. Oh, yeah, and a million dollars.
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Adding binaurals in Audacity

Postby DKaiser » July 30th, 2010, 8:11 pm

slutinmyhead wrote:What I'd like to do is make my voice itself binaural

Sadly, you're really going to want Cool Edit Pro if you're going to do something like that(CEP is based off an older adobe program that did exactly that).
As for adding external binaurals, I'd recommend grabbing something like Brainwave Generator(or any of it's similar kin), recording a binaural of some length, and saving it. Then, whenever you make a file, you can just import that binaural, and chop it down to the length you need. I also recommend doing a fade in at the beginning and fade out at the end, for people who are going to listen to other files before/after yours. Makes it less jarring than suddenly having a binaural out of nowhere.
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Adding binaurals in Audacity

Postby HornyDude » July 31st, 2010, 10:25 am

deleted
Last edited by HornyDude on July 10th, 2013, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HornyDude
Mentor
Mentor

Postby zapnosis » July 31st, 2010, 11:33 am

slutinmyhead, it depends what you are tremoloing. The effect on voice tracks will always be a bit iffy because there are breaks in the sound, a continuous tone makes the effect more noticable. If, for example, you want a 6hz pulse (a good place to start for trancing), select your track and choose tremolo, set freq to 6.00 and wetness to 100 (maximum). You should then be able to hear it.

A good way to explore is to use tones, as follows:
Run Audacity
Project -> new audio track
Generate -> tone... and go with defaults
this should give you 30 seconds of tone to play about with. Try tremoloing with that.

For binaural effects, generate a tone, then select that track and to go
Edit-> duplicate
You should now have 2 identical tracks. On the track controls on the left hand side, there is a slider with L and R above it. Set one of your tracks all the way to L and the other all the way to R. Then select one of your tracks (doesn't matter which) and go to
effect -> change pitch
where it says freq from... to..., it will probably say 444.444 in both boxes (if you are using the default tone). Change the one on the right to 450.444*. Don your headphones and you will now be able to experience binaural beats. This should also work with duplicated voice tracks, it's just that the effect is easier to hear with a tone.
Hope this helps,
ZAP

*because you're adding 6.000 to 444.444 for a 6hz beat. Adding 7.000 would give a 7hz beat, etc
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby slutinmyhead » August 1st, 2010, 3:39 am

It does help. I was wondering what to enter in those fields. Saronga gave me the idea to create a binaural musical track too. I'm going to try to mess around with it more this weekend. Thanks.
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Postby slutinmyhead » August 1st, 2010, 4:48 am

I did it! :o
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Postby zapnosis » August 3rd, 2010, 4:55 pm

Well done, slutinmyhead!

A trick you might find interesting:
Run Audacity
Project -> New Audio Track
Generate -> Tone (go with defaults or as you wish)
Effect -> Tremolo (wetness=100 freq=3.00)
Effect -> Tremolo (wetness=100 freq=1.50)
Edit -> duplicate
make one track Left and one Right as for binaurals
delete 0.33333 seconds from the start of one of the tracks
put on your headphones and enjoy...
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby slutinmyhead » August 4th, 2010, 1:14 am

I've made a couple of files making my voice binaural, if I'm doing it right. I split the stereo track. Move one slider to L, the other to R, highlight one track, then do effect - change pitch. The numbers in my boxes weren't 444, but I changed one so they were 11 apart for the first couple minutes, then dropped the pitch so they were 4 apart for the middle, then back to 12 at the end.

Is it really that easy?

I'm not really sure what tremolo is or wetness.

I did screw up on one of them and somehow put one side about two seconds behind. It sounds really cool, but I wonder. Will the binaurals still work? I posted it anyway. I think it was Ex-Sex.

Thanks for all your help btw. I've been struggling with this a long time.
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Not Intel, Solfeggio inside.

Postby Sonic-TH-wolf » August 4th, 2010, 3:56 pm

It's easy. You shouldn't use those 12 kHz files, instead you should make the binaurals yourself.

When using Audacity, you need to click "Generate" and click "Sound Generator (1)". When using it, make sure you have selected in the flyout menu "Sinus". When generating the sound, you should know, how long the duration of the induction is. Type in "Duration of Recording" category, the duration of the induction. When typing in the text bar of frequency, you should type 417 Hz. Why ? Scientist found out, that the frequency 417 Hz can remove the old think patterns and habits of the mind and body and facilitates changes in mind (and body), depending to the hypnosis file. I would use it rather for mind changing sessions and inductions. Press ok and hear the results.

Now you need to know, how long the duration of hypnosis itself is. Don't include the reawakener, because we need it later. You need to click again "Generate" and click "Sound Generator (1)". When using it, make again sure you have selected in the flyout menu "Sinus". Type in "Duration of Recording" category, the duration of the hypnosis itself. Now it's interesting : if you make a mind related hypnosis file, type again 417 Hz. When making transformation files, that modifies body (and mind, dependent if you want both), you should type 528 Hz. Why ? Scientist found out, that the frequency of 528 Hz makes transformations, depending to what a lot easier and even can repair the entire DNA when making those hypnosis files ! Click again ok and hear the results.

Now the reawakener is on it's turn. Repeat the first part on the reawakener.
Sonic-TH-wolf

Postby sarnoga » August 5th, 2010, 12:22 am

slutinmyhead wrote:I've made a couple of files making my voice binaural, if I'm doing it right. I split the stereo track. Move one slider to L, the other to R, highlight one track, then do effect - change pitch. The numbers in my boxes weren't 444, but I changed one so they were 11 apart for the first couple minutes, then dropped the pitch so they were 4 apart for the middle, then back to 12 at the end.

Is it really that easy?

I did screw up on one of them and somehow put one side about two seconds behind. It sounds really cool, but I wonder. Will the binaurals still work? I posted it anyway. I think it was Ex-Sex.

When you split the stereo track do not use the sliders for right and left. There is a designation to make one the right channel and one the left. That should work better. After your adjustments you can then combine them back togeather with "make stereo track"
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby zapnosis » August 8th, 2010, 11:20 am

slutinmyhead wrote:
Is it really that easy?

yup, it can be that easy.

if the tracks are out of sync, you probably won't hear binaural beats. But, my Golden Rule is: if it works, keep doing it.

Thanks for the thanks. I look forward to hearing more beat-based files!
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Centru18 » August 9th, 2010, 3:13 pm

Try Sbagen for making your own binaurals.
Centru18

Another binaural technique

Postby mhhwhitney » August 10th, 2010, 4:58 pm

Something I've tried recently with Audacity is the following:

1. Start with a mono track.

2. run the spectrum analysis to find a peak frequency (e.g. EMG's voice has a lot of energy around 175-200Hz)

3. Duplicate the track and change them to right and left stereo.

4. pitch shift one track to produce the beat frequency you want. If your starting with a 200 Hz peak, and you want a 5 HZ beat frequency, shift up by 2.5%.

5. join the stereo pair and export

The binaural effect isn't terribly strong, but I do feel something; it sounds vaguely like a 'choral' effect. Obviously, there's no effect during pauses or other quiet periods.

--M

P.S. I can post an example if you like.
mhhwhitney

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques