rapid inductions.

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

rapid inductions.

Postby dynamite » November 9th, 2011, 5:48 pm

i use rapid inductions when i am face to face with a subject, wanted to see how well it translated to a file. please check it out and give feedback.

[url]http://www.warpmymind.com/Files/5018/Rapid-Induction.php[/url]
dynamite
Regular
Regular

Postby bandler » November 9th, 2011, 9:36 pm

Hey dynamite,

You asked for feedback.

First off, is that a parakeet I hear? Maybe it could be in another room when you are making a recording? There was also a bit of high pitched noise at the start of the recording, and plenty of hiss. I have sympathy for the plight of amateur recording artists. I have a collection of microphones and software that I was eventually able to configure into a low noise recording system, but it took a lot of fiddling.

From a hypnosis perspective, I must ask, do you start out your conversation with clients at the point where the recording starts? I would be amazed if didn't warm them up in some way. What do you say and do to/with your clients before you tell them their arms will stick straight out on the count of 3? If it is included face to face, it should be included in the recording, if you want to hypnotize your listeners.

To be honest, I have learned over the years that I am a serious analytical resister with control issues ;-) So, it is no wonder I did not go into trance. I couldn't even listen past the mid point of the recording.
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dynamite » November 10th, 2011, 3:40 pm

cheers for the feedback, i wasn't expecting it to be perfect off the bat.
will have a look on what i can do to reduce the noise.
dynamite
Regular
Regular

Postby Mutazoa » November 10th, 2011, 6:21 pm

dynamite wrote:cheers for the feedback, i wasn't expecting it to be perfect off the bat.
will have a look on what i can do to reduce the noise.

oddly enough...if you have a lap top, record in your bathroom with the door closed, or in a closet if you have a walk in...
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dynamite » November 10th, 2011, 7:59 pm

no laptop sadly and i have 2 towers with massive cooling. audacity took the noise out but made it really quiet
dynamite
Regular
Regular

Postby HypnoCactus » November 11th, 2011, 10:50 am

I'm still fiddling with my configuration, but it includes moving the tower beneath the desk and then adding various cushions and blankets to dampen the noise considerably. Whilst a pain, and not being able to do it for long as it does increase the internal temp of the tower, it's all for a good cause ;) So try dampening the noise physically first, before asking audacity for a bit of help.
HypnoCactus
Regular
Regular

Postby bandler » November 11th, 2011, 11:40 am

HypnoCactus wrote:I'm still fiddling with my configuration, but it includes moving the tower beneath the desk and then adding various cushions and blankets to dampen the noise considerably. Whilst a pain, and not being able to do it for long as it does increase the internal temp of the tower, it's all for a good cause ;) So try dampening the noise physically first, before asking audacity for a bit of help.

I have also found it helps to extend the mic cable so the mic is as far away from the pc as possible.
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Postby DKaiser » November 13th, 2011, 12:46 am

Alternatively, get a longer mic cable, and record in a closet, with the cable running from it to your computer. The clothes dampen the sound nicely(I sprung for actual soundproofing panels in the closet for my studio, but the idea is the same).
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges