"Virtual Machine" file?

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

"Virtual Machine" file?

Postby Endo » June 17th, 2013, 7:23 pm

Okay, you may have seen my "beta testers wanted" post. Well, to extend the metaphor a bit more, I'd like some input on a "virtual machine" file. For those of you who aren't tech savy, a virtual machine is like having a quarantined area inside your computer that you can completely fuck up, and if you do, you can just destroy it, because it's just a program, without damaging the actual computer. At least, that's my understanding of one application of a VM.

So, a VM file for a human would mean this: It would create a quarantined area in a person's personality, an area that a person could "install" any number of files, even potentially harmful ones so that the user could see how files interact with each other or how extreme a file could get on its own, and if the user felt it necessary, could shut down the file completely, and even "delete" any files in the VM permanently if needed. The user would be able to take files that are already installed in their main personality and use them in the VM, and if a certain file in VM passed muster, they could transfer it to full-time use in their main personality.

I would like this file so that anyone who might decide to "beta test" my files can do so safely, and without worry about any side-effects that they might not want, but are included in the file. Of course, such a file would be a benefit to pretty much everyone involved in this hobby/occupation.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Endo » June 20th, 2013, 10:11 pm

Okay, I think I've got it hammered out. It'll be up soon!
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby TheTurretCube » August 10th, 2013, 4:35 pm

I'll gladly test this, email is hypnoguy21@yahoo.com
TheTurretCube
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dark_wolf49 » August 11th, 2013, 11:32 am

I would try it , just send me a pm.
dark_wolf49
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Frap » August 13th, 2013, 4:17 pm

Endo has gone on leave from the site. I'm not sure for how long but he made a post about it and a journal entry.
Frap
Regular
Regular

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges