No Comparison Suggestion

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

No Comparison Suggestion

Postby lew897 » December 5th, 2014, 6:47 pm

I was wondering what a no comparison suggestion would entail. As I was wondering if I should use this in one of my own files that I use for myself. Since, it seems to me the baggage seems to be the hardest to get over that you take with you, this suggestion could make it so that you aren't constantly comparing what it was like before to what it is like in the present. Therefore, making a better experience... Has anyone heard of this suggestion and its effects? Or is it too wild an idea that would take out the fun of the experience, as some people probably really only want to experience the similarities between the old self and the new self.
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Postby DanWright » December 5th, 2014, 8:45 pm

I think this would depend on the listeners preferences, and how he/she processes information. For a lot of people it seems, including myself, there's an appeal to the idea of being changed from an old state of 'self' to a new state, and the knowledge/awareness of that transformation enriches the experience. For others all that's desired is the end effect, without the notion of a psychological shift.

But as to your question, I certainly think it could work if done right, though I imagine on average more results can be gotten with the approach of a gradual change, since these things tend to take some time to take effect.

Take the Curse Forced Gay file for example: most people I would think would find it much more believable that the file, through multiple listens, is gradually stripping away a listeners heterosexuality, than that the file makes the listener gay immediately and makes him realize that he's always been gay, simply because the listener knows better, since after all he's attracted to women right now and is listening because he wants to only be attracted to men. It'll take him out of trance because it contradicts what he already knows to be true.

That's my layman's take on the issue. PM me if you have any further discussion in mind :)
"See, this is what I'm talking about. Illiteracy? What does that word even mean?"
~ Charlie Kelly: Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

PM me!
DanWright
Regular
Regular

Postby lew897 » December 6th, 2014, 9:28 pm

So, an improvement would be, eventually there will be a time where there is no comparison. I do understand the other parts about having a new self be changed, but I thought it would be more easier.
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges