physical flexibility

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

physical flexibility

Postby 123fred » July 3rd, 2015, 7:54 pm

Hi
I have read that flexibility is all in your mind
Basically, the only thing that stops anyone from doing the splits is their brain getting worried and tightening the muscles in your body to stop you
I would like to see a file that let's you be more flexible

From http://breakingmuscle.com/mobility-recovery/you-can-already-do-the-splits-how-to-relax-into-stretch
Your current limit of flexibility is a self-imposed point. When unconscious, we are all capable of full splits, yet when awake our bodies sense impending danger to the muscles lengthening beyond this preconceived point and begin to tense up to prevent injury. That stiffness you feel when you stretch is all in your head and totally created by you.[/quote]
123fred

Postby Endo » July 4th, 2015, 7:14 am

Ouch, how about no. You've got ONE article that cites one other person going on about something that worked for him. Stretches are not something to fuck around with. If you want to get more flexible, you can do it safely through training. Training which you SHOULD be doing anyway if you're actually concerned about your body. If you just want a quick silver-bullet macguffin that will give you X physical traits, then I'm sorry to say that hypnosis cannot provide you with that. Look at the Jocks sub-forum. They listen to files, yeah, but they mostly listen to files that make them love going to the gym. They go and actually put in the time to get where they want to be, they don't just wait for their muscles to magically poof into perfection from listening to hypno.

If you really want to get flexible, I'd advise a file that encourages regular stretching, dedication to stretching and activities, and a clear and relaxed mindset while doing your stretches. It may even be worth your time to take up yoga.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby lew897 » July 4th, 2015, 6:53 pm

There is a train flexibility file on hypno-files.com
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Postby joecomp2000 » July 5th, 2015, 7:27 am

I tend to agree with Endo, just not so emphatically :)
however a file to relax while stretching, may be productive...
ie you are nervous about attempting a split , causes you to tighten up
and there fore you do tear something.. where as if you were relaxed , you could do the split.

just my $.02
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Frap » July 6th, 2015, 5:21 am

There is a certain mental component to gaining maximum flexibility. There's always been a mental component in performers and athletes to overcome before they can be at their max potential.

However, as a nurse, I know for a fact that there is a point where your muscles cannot stretch anymore and WILL tear. The lengthening of the muscle takes time and patience.
Frap
Regular
Regular

Postby lew897 » July 27th, 2015, 10:27 pm

I used the train flexibility file and I instantly became more flexible and overcome obstacles that have held me back. The main one was not being able to hold poses for very long. I also dreamed up a new pose that has helped me target specific muscles that my routine was not. Its like I don't really feel a terrible stretch just a easy one. So, I do think the brain played a good part in letting me stretch better. I am also in disagreement that the brain does not affect the body and vis versa.
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges