Insanity

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

Insanity

Postby 242424 » May 7th, 2018, 12:56 pm

Simple idea: a file that'll drive its listener totally insane. I'm talking totally fucked up and twisted psychopath level insane. Obviously this one would be good as a temporary experience instead of a curse.

Re: Insanity

Postby JackDrago » May 9th, 2018, 10:10 am

I sincerely hope the hypnotists here are ethical enough to avoid doing such a thing. That said, Manly Spirit causes what psychologists would call Dissociative Identity Disorder.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby zapnosis » May 13th, 2018, 4:05 pm

Simple idea: Don't even go there.
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jackstock » May 16th, 2018, 6:07 am

I think we can relax on the ethical views of this... it would just be a fantasy. I don't believe you could actually turn insane from listening to an audio
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Postby OxyFemboi » May 16th, 2018, 9:49 pm

JackStock wrote
I think we can relax on the ethical views of this... it would just be a fantasy. I don't believe you could actually turn insane from listening to an audio

Saying it's not possible is one way to make me wonder if I could actually make a file like that. I've written a few files that I haven't posted because they are constructed to cause a psychological effect described in the current list of psychological disorders, DSM-V. (This hasn't stopped me from posting alter files which cause MPD/DID, though.)

Oxy
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Postby JackDrago » May 18th, 2018, 2:58 pm

@jackstock I have seen some BAD abreactions in my time, unfortunately psychological damage from hypnosis is totally possible. I have had to clean up after it and it's not pretty. The typical thing is an inept hypnotist who is trying to do something way beyond his skill, and / or a subject who failed to disclose a preexisting mental illness or piece of prior hypnosis that was incompatible.

Could it be done deliberately? Probably. You would need a very skilled hypnotist with an intimate knowledge of that particular subjects psychology and a subject who was vulnerable to such a thing. For it to stick the resulting insanity would have to be ecological for the subject, but there are many cases where that could be so; most notably the original poster's case of wanting to be insane. The hidden observer isn't going to protect a subject from a self chosen goal state.

My favorite example is Sgt Shaw (the brainwashed assassin in Manchurian Candidate): Ordinarily you couldn't hypnotize someone into being a killer, but Raymond Shaw as portrayed in the novel is an angry guy who subconsciously constantly wants to kill everyone. A subject who had the Sgt. Shaw ecology would fail to resist the suggestions to kill that 99% of subjects successfully resist precisely because it satisfies a preexisting subconscious need, and he only succeeds in killing someone other than the intended target because it's more ecological for him to kill his abusive mother (the true source of his rage) than it is to follow orders and kill yet another stranger.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby Casey » August 5th, 2018, 6:53 pm

This kind of file would be a lawsuit for sure.. even if the listener wanted it.. it would not stop family, friends, and loved ones suing...
Casey
Regular
Regular

Postby kzarin » August 6th, 2018, 5:31 am

I'd be interested in this as something to add to my own private work, as this sounds like a way to hollow out a resistant personality and fill it packed full of obedience to certain kinds of instructions. Which is the work I'm after.
kzarin
Regular
Regular

Postby Jackstock » August 8th, 2018, 7:49 am

[url]This kind of file would be a lawsuit for sure.. even if the listener wanted it.. it would not stop family, friends, and loved ones suing...[/url]
Depends where you live, but the chances of that working in court are slim. Most people barely believe in hypnosis at all, especially not lawyers and judges.
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges